Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flowmaster mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 12:08 AM

hey guys been a while but after running the flowmaster muffler i wanted it to be loud and the high reving sound was bad. so just recently i cut the muffler of and went straight piped and let me just say its sounds way better. yes it did get louder by alot but still not like holy **** and the tone is way better no matter what rpms your at. and as for the sound getting annoying it wasnt that bad becuase i towed a trailer to a cottage about 3 hrs away in tow/haul and i would say it was worse with the muffler on becuase i think now the sound just flows threw instead of going threw a muffler, another thing i liked about this truck being straight piped is when you rev it up it doesnt back fire or pop it does a little but not that bad. ive been running the straight pipe for awhile and nothing has changed still runs like a top and mpg is the same

Old 07-12-2010, 11:22 PM
TruckForum Addict

You said it doesn't popor backfire or it does? In my experience it starts to pop or back fire even more with out a muffler. And if I read this thread right at the beginning he was comparing a 40 and 50 series both being the delta flows. Everyone seems to be mentioning the straight 40 series and 50s. Just wanted to point that out. I personally am running a Flowmaster Clone... I cant remember the exact name, but it sounds good to me and only a quarter of the price. And my buddy is running a Flowmaster Clone as well and it is a Force a Flow I beleive is the name. Anyhow to me the 40 Series are not all that loud and aggressive sounding as I thought they would be for what Flowmaster calls their most aggressive and loud mufflers... Anyhow just my 2 cents.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:30 PM

sorry for any confusion but the hold thing started by me ask which was better 40 or 50 delta flows. i chose the 40s delta flow and after running it for awhile i was not impressed the sound was ok but not the greatest. so me and buddy just took off the 40s muffler and started the truck and it sounded way better. so i just added a pipe were the muffler was. then someone asked what if he just went straight pipe so i was telling him its awesome. ive been running straight piped for awhile and it is way better the sound is deep and loud. and it backfires a little but not really that bad, only if your reving it up in the lane way passed like 5 grand

Old 07-14-2010, 12:38 AM
Toyota, Nissan, and Other Truck Forum Moderator

I went with the cherry bomb extreme muffler and way better!!!! More sound and better flow.