Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

gibson exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Default RE: gibson exhaust?

What's the deal with the Snake Charmer Cracker? I saw that in your sig and looked it up.

The problem that I have, and I'm sure that most of us have, when choosing mods - most of what we have to go by is what the manufacturers state ...as opposed to unbiased opinions from the end-user. What makes it harder is that most people who try one product won't swap it out later; for example, it's not likely that you will take out your snake charmer and drop in a K&N. Catch my drift?

Old 10-24-2007, 02:49 PM

I did a bit of research into the company's products before purchasing. I have a lot of close friends that have more money than stupid should have. They change vehicles before the factory warranty is out. I bought my truck from one of them, he paid $60,000, I paid $35,000 and it only had 7,000 miles. Most of them stay with the same model vehicle but change thier mods because they need something to spend money on. Vettes and camaros seem to be the most popular, but GTOs are making thier way in. These guys have tried every intake in production(exagerated) and have hard numbers through dynoruns and 1/4 mile times. The Vara Ram product gave them the best result and ended with me purchasing my own. I know vettes/truck = apples/oranges, but both are LS based motors. It did not increase my low end much but I still have the factory electronic throttle restrictions. However, for a 5400 lb brick, it moves a lot better since I installed the system. Unfortunately it does not come with an intake tube. I installed a K&N filter(not a system)before the VR and noticed only a gas mileage increase by 0.5 miles per gallon.
You are correct though, if I am on a limited income and already dumped $300 into the intake I'm not going to do it twice.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:18 PM

what is the most popular brand of long tube headers around here and what exhaust do you recomend with those
also alot of people talk about thermostats increasing performance what exactly do they do