Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

gmc sierra 2009 dually 3500hd supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Beginner
Default gmc sierra 2009 dually 3500hd supercharger

Hello guys i need help to install a supercharger on my car, i have no idea about the types of superchargers and whats the best for my truck ragarding performance.

I have heard of magisum and trickflow and edelbrock but not sure which one fits my car, i would order it but i need to make sure that its the right one exactly.

My engine is 6.0L engine with complete exhaust system and Airaid filter.

I'd appreciate some of your opinions and which sites are the best to order from and the cheapest.

Also one more thing, if im installing a supercharger then would i need to modify and install more stuff for it not to break my engine like cam or wat ever.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:37 PM
TMW

Try this site and checkout the different ones then maybe call the one you like and talk to them.

How to Pick the Best Supercharger Kit - Engine Supercharger Shopping Guide

Old 09-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Beginner

you will need to know how many lbs boost your engine can handle. most factory n/a engines are about 4-6lbs of boost from a supercharger or turbocharger.if your considering this ... it may be major work, including pistons, rings, cams, valves etc. may I ask why you are interested in a supercharger. wht is the intended use for the truck? plus although they boast fuel economy..... when you install a supercharger/turbo they force more air into your engine,your closed loop electronic fuel injection system will see more air as a lean condition and will inject more fuel to keep the system operating properly, therefore you will use more fuel. on the otherhand, you will also produce more torque. which will allow you to turn larger tires, which will allow you to cover more ground per revolution and increase efficiency that way..... but you cant really put big tires under a dually, and it only works up to a certain point.

p.s. i love that websites "diy bolt on performance" slogan.... at what cost to the reliability of your engine.