Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

GMC Sierra & Commercial Dealer, here to answer any questions I can

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Default RE: GMC Sierra & Commercial Dealer, here to answer any questions I can

Ryan, I have an 04 Sierra SLE 2500 HD. The 6 pin trailer jack has one pin that is labelled battery and is fed by a red #14 wire. It is not hot as it is in other trucks. I traced it to the fuse panel under the hood and it is connected to stud #1 but is fused by a dummy fuse. I would like to fuse it but it would be hot all the time and not tied to the ignition. Why would they do it that way and what is the correct fix?

Old 03-29-2008, 05:12 PM

Ryan,

This is all great stuff, and I am glad that you have offered easily accessable advice. I have owned Chevrolet trucks for some time (25yrs). I have recently purchased a 2008 GMC Sierra Denali AWD. And I must say that this is hands down the nicest truck I have ever owned or even rode in for that matter. The power is simply awesome and the ride is second to none. I am an old hot rodder from the 70's and this thing is amazing. My wife has stated that this truck is for all of the spoiled old men that want to drive a cadillac truck and still go fast. She's right.

Anyway my question is I would like to add a backup camera, so: Is there a factory kit for this? And if so can I install myself?

I figure if there is a kit I can do everything except set up the screen. I have the factory Nav system installed.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:32 PM

I wanted to know why the newer GMC Sierra's were not available with a wheel size larger than 17". Is it ok to add larger (18"-20") wheels?
Yes, go nuts. 18" wheels would give good ride vs. looks but you might like 20" wheels better for looks.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:04 PM

Hi Ryan.
Was wondering if you could answer a question for me about a gmc recall. I have an '01 Sierra with an 8.1 liter engine. I recently found a recall for the crankshaft sensor for this year and engine size. My VIN wasn't included on this recall even though my symptoms were the same (intermittent stalling, immediate restart, no "service engine" light or codes).
I replaced the fuel pump because it seemed like a fuel related issue, but problem persisted. When I changed the crankshaft sensor problem was solved, but I had to do so at my expense (that thing was a BEAR to get at, by the way). I have a complaint with the NHSTA to try and get reimbursed from GM, but was wondering if you could shed some light on why my VIN might be excluded from a recall like this.
Thanks. My email is mts69_2000@yahoo.com if you have any info.
Mike

Old 04-24-2008, 09:55 PM

I have a 2000 GMC sierra with a 5.3 V8 with a Diablosport Predator Stage II. What is another in expensive way to get a little HP? how much do you think a K&N will help? and maybe some Headers?

Old 04-26-2008, 11:04 AM

do you know if the chevy victory red is the same as the gmc fire red i want to get as there is a chevy dealer 1/2 mile from me that i can get a close up the paint code i was given for fire red comes up on line as chevy victory red

Old 04-26-2008, 07:23 PM

I recently bought a 2002 Sierra and it didn't come with a key for the locking center console. Is there any way to order a key for this using my VIN and the number found on the lock? Thanks for the help.

Old 04-27-2008, 04:06 PM

I just bought a 1990 Sierra ext cab 2wd. The transmission is going out. What other year transmissions would fit my truck?

Old 04-28-2008, 05:51 PM

Is Jon Moss and GM teaming up to come out with a new sport truck like the old one this year orin the near future?

Old 05-05-2008, 08:26 AM

I have a 2001 2500 hd. when I turnto the right and only to the right I get a squeakfrom the frontdriver side wheelwell (or general area). I changed the struts (not due to problem)and lubed all my points and its still there. Any idea.
Thanks buster

Quick Reply: GMC Sierra & Commercial Dealer, here to answer any questions I can