Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

GMC Sierra & Commercial Dealer, here to answer any questions I can

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Default RE: GMC Sierra & Commercial Dealer, here to answer any questions I can

I am new to the forum, trying to get some informaiton on the Sierra 3500 DRW. I've looked at the GMC website to get towing capacities, but I am still confused.

I am hauling a 5th wheel now with a Chevy 2500HD. Suspension-wise I am fine, but have too small an engine to pullover even an overpass without kicking into passing gear and just about jacking the front end off the ground.

I have decided onthe 3500 DRW for safety (I like the dual rear wheels). Now I need to know which engine can pull what amount. My trailer is about 15K loaded, but I may trade up to something larger, 18K or so in the distant future.

Can you simply list the engines and towing capacities for me? I would be buying a 2008or 2009 new.

Thanks

Old 07-07-2008, 08:03 PM

Hey Ryan

Just wondering if you guys are experiencing any rusting bumpers. I bought an 07 Sierra that the service manager drove, had 13,000km on it and bumpers were replaced when I bought it because they were damaged (dented). 4 months later they are starting to rust and they are saying its normal wear. Have you experienced anything like this? Anything else I should do? I have contacted GM Canada but they said no recalls yet. (I'm in Ontario).

Thanks vanspek

Old 08-20-2008, 10:39 AM

I have a 1992 GMC Sierra 1500 stepside that I'm looking to convert to a 4X4 from a 4X2. I'm wondering what GM trucks I can start looking for as a parts truck that would match my trucks chassis and wouldn't be too involved in swapping the chassis' out. I don't really want to do any cutting or welding if I don't have to. Please let me know which trucks I can start looking at. Thanks

Old 05-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Default 2000 GMC Sierra 5.3 intermittently will not hold idle

I have a 2000 GMC Sierra Z71, 5.3 that intermittently will not idle. When it is started, it will immediately drop rpm below idle speed (approx. 500 rpm) and die. Cold or hot does not seem to matter. When the problem is active, I will keep one foot on the brake pedal and the other on the accelerator to hold the engine at idle speed when started. Generally, after driving a few miles, it seems to idle properly. The truck has been in the repair shop at a dealership away from my home city twice within the past week. The first "shotgun blast" was to clean the throttle body and replace the air filter. On the next trip, they replaced the Idle Air Control Motor. After returning to my home city, the truck sat for 3 days. When I started it yesterday (May 26), the problem still existed. Any other ideas?

Old 05-28-2009, 08:07 PM

i get around 12 mpg with my 2000 sierra with a custom exhaust, ive tried almost everything to make it better. would putting a cold air intake on help with this problem.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:35 PM

hello, i was woundering if a 2000 sierra 5.3l has a sensor to keep it from cranking if it has low or no fuel pressure? i tried to start mine today, it crancked around about 2 revalutions and then cut out. it has a good battery, all the conections feel tight and clean, when you turn the key to the on pos. the fuel rail seams to make a lot of noise that i never notaced before.