Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 12:41 PM
Default Header Help

Hey guys I am looking in to getting a set of headers for my truck. I am considering JBA Titanium coated. I don't know much about JBA and was woundering if anyone did. Part #'s, should i get high flow cats and a new mid pipe and new y pipe? Do the headers bolt straight up no problem? Or hell just any suggestions.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Default RE: Header Help

All I can say is that I've heard about JBA headers ...but don't know if they are good or bad ...

From what I understand, shorty headers are the ones that bolt right up.

I'm going to get mine from Doug Thorley was soon as time permits ...

http://www.dougthorleyheaders.com/

Old 10-17-2007, 02:49 PM

i've only heard good things about jba headers, but hi-flow cats are a waste of money (i was going to get some and a muffler shop guy told me that, so since he missed out on a sale i'd say its true)

Old 10-17-2007, 07:25 PM

Never heard of JBA. Magnaflow is where I'm looking. They have a good rep in my area and they are cheaper than thorly. Why does that name sound familiar South Bay?

Old 10-18-2007, 02:14 PM

You should also look at your local shops. I have an exhaust/ header etc.. shop a few miles away, for around $450.00 they'll make a set of shorty headers ceramic coated. They have a satisfied customer base and great gains. Look local you might be surprised.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:16 PM

I've heard about Thorley headers for a while ...and seen articles with their products... they aren't huge like Magnaflow or Flowmaster ...but they do have a good name.

Does Magnaflow use the Tri-Y design?

http://www.rocky-road.com/kickthorley.html

Old 10-18-2007, 05:22 PM

I just installed a set of JBA Headers back in August. I am very pleased with them. I had to get the Shorty headers to be smog legal in cali. I don't feel like changing them every two years. Newayz all I can say is that I am very pleased. Also went by a muffler shop when I was looking for pricing to get them installed and the guy there said nothing but good about JBA.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:15 PM

Thanks for the help guy's I just ordered me a set of JBA titanium coated for 493 shipped only thing is they are on back order.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:18 AM

Hey 03TEXASEDITION, when you get them on, let us know how it goes. I'd love to get some headers for my rig and I want to know how hard it would be to do it myself, or at least what headers would be a good fitment.

I live in the snow belt on they salt the sh*t out of the roads so I was thinking either coated headers or stainless, but I hear stainless is better, but it sounds different. Anyone have any input?

Old 10-19-2007, 12:16 PM

Jcbst12: If you get some shorty's they are pretty easy to install. They bolt right on. The hardest thing is to be careful when taking of the old ones cuz some bolts mite break. If you get long headers you are gona have to cut some piping..etc.

Quick Reply: Header Help