Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

I decided to seafoam my truck and take a video

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 07:20 PM

Hey cub, be careful about trans flushes. A higher mileage, heavy worn trans is much more likely to fail after having one. That being said, a good drain, new filter and upgrade to a goof synthetic, amsoil, redline, lucas etc is a good thing.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:26 PM
TruckForum Addict

Originally Posted by MrDragon
Hey cub, be careful about trans flushes. A higher mileage, heavy worn trans is much more likely to fail after having one. That being said, a good drain, new filter and upgrade to a goof synthetic, amsoil, redline, lucas etc is a good thing.
and thats exactly why i am not flushing mine i was pointing out that if you do use it in the trans your gonna have to flush it to get all the seafoam out
anyway that beings said i replace everything at 3,000 trans filter and fluid oil and filter plugs wires ect.
but yes they are more prone to fail after a flush
if its high milage

Old 07-28-2011, 07:35 PM

Another cleaning trick, when you do a coolant system flush, add a cup of liquid tide in the radiator when you refill. It keeps everything clean and prevents scale buildup.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by cubpak89
@ wiked yoru exsaust sounds freakin awsome i think i am gonna go with a setup simaler to yours when i redo mine
Thanks man

if you want i can take some pics of how i have it on there and how pipes are routed

Old 07-28-2011, 08:14 PM
TruckForum Addict

cool deal does the truck have that deep rumble when driving or does it go away i like deep rumble at idle and while driving

Old 07-28-2011, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by cubpak89
cool deal does the truck have that deep rumble when driving or does it go away i like deep rumble at idle and while driving
it keeps it

if you want ill take an exhaust clip and then drive with the camera on my bumper or something (tied down ofcourse)

Old 07-28-2011, 08:20 PM

That's the advantage of that series 10. They really do sound good

Old 07-28-2011, 08:26 PM

thats why i went with it

i was iffy about getting it at first due to it being loud and neighbors but i said screw it and went with it anyway and im really glad i did i almost got a glasspack

Old 07-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Beginner

message to mrdragon.....thank-you for the post, now I understand.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:40 PM

No problem altyson. I'm here to help when I can and explain things on a down to earth level rather than get too technical. Wiked, the flowmaster is just a nice yhroaty muffler. It may be a little loud but as long as you're not hammering the throttle all the time the neighbors should be cool. I'm not a big glasspack fan, like cherry bomb or thrush. However, when you're talking old hotrods or old street trucks, nothing sounds like the old Smithies. They're sooo smooth it's sikk.

Quick Reply: I decided to seafoam my truck and take a video