Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

I need some Input???

Old 02-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Default I need some Input???

Guys, I was looking at getting some aftermarket corners but don't know which ones I should go after. I was kinda interested in getting clear ones with black housing and than maybe getting headlights the same way. My truck is black and I already have altezza tails that are clear with black housing. What do you guys think go with the regular clear ones or try and finish the black lights look. I just don't know how it will look. Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts and what they would do. Thanks everyone.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Default RE: I need some Input???

what kind of grille and bumper do you have. i think that has the biggest impact on lights. like my grille is chrome with chrome billets so i went with clear lights. also my truck is darker color. i mean i would suggest having the same style lights all around but id contradict myself here. since i had so much chrome in the front i went with clears in the front. and no chrome in the rear i went for a smoked clear. the end results i think turned out really well.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:40 PM

Thanks for the reply...Well, right now all my front end is stock. I plan on getting a all chrome replacement grille and put some kind of inserts in and than paint my bowtie black.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:49 PM

i would go clear lenses then. are you going for a look similar to my avatar? i just took my bowtie off and am painting it blue as we speak right now.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:10 PM

yea i guess kinda just a nice looking front end...What brand of lights are your headlights and corner lenses?

Old 02-06-2008, 10:42 PM

i can look in the morning for ya. but i got them all off of ebay. theyre the same as you see at places like lmctruck and other mags. but usually run better deals. i did a whole front end light swap with projectors for around 100 bucks shipped to my door. ebay can be a great place if your careful enough.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:43 PM

also ill post a pic of my painted bowtie when i get it back in the morning im letting the clear coat dry currently and let me tell you it turned out amazing.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:47 PM

Sweet, yea let me know about those lights. Ebay is good but you have to look around and find some good ones with good sellers. How did you do your bowtie?

Old 02-06-2008, 10:49 PM

what do you mean?

Old 02-06-2008, 10:54 PM

What prep work did you do to it, what kind of paint did you use,and how many coats?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I need some Input???