Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

If I had a garage I would...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 11:23 AM
Default If I had a garage I would...

I have been looking at the software used in custom tuning vehicles and it is very similar to what I do at work. You get the software and some cables and stuff and hook a laptop up to your vehicle and after some playin around with the software, you can do anything under the sun with your vehicle. The catch is you have to buy the software, $600 bucks for the top of the line one with no limits, and then you have to buy a license from the manufaturer to decrypt the code for that particular vehicle. I think the licenses are $100 a vehicle type. I have to find the link again but they had these guys buy it and modify an 06 chevy 6.0 to 350 some horespower with no bolt ons of any kind then they backed it down to stock hp but got it go get 2 or 3 more miles to the gallon at the factory set hp rating. If I had a garage and some money to invest I would love to start doing that kinda stuff. (My first venture would be the torque management). Tell me that wouldn't be a sweet to be able to modify the hell out of your rig at any time.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Default RE: If I had a garage I would...

Here is the link for the product....
http://www.hptuners.com/order.php
...just need to find the one where they tested it.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:51 AM

I wanted to do the same but with Jetchips setup.
http://www.jetchip.com/products.asp?...;model=491#491

Looks like some fun stuff but I really need a laptop cause I dont want to keep bringing the truck home if I had made a error in tuning. >.<

Old 09-13-2007, 11:55 AM

If I had a garage I would bring my vehicles in out of the rain to work on them.

I HAVE a garage, but it was built in 1975. It's like trying to fit a St Bernard in a cat carrier....

Old 09-13-2007, 12:01 PM

Yeah, thats the way my last place was, but at least we had a barn too. Why is it that they buit the damn things so small back then? Didn't they have cars the size of city blocks like the old Mercs and Lincolns and Cadillacs?

Old 09-13-2007, 01:02 PM

I'm not sure, seems like my garage was made out of the rest of the house that they didn't use for something else. Most of the homes around me were one step up from the 1950's-1960's with a small detached garage (or none at all). I just know that if I put the nose of my old truck against the back wall, the garage door scrapped the bumper going down. I haven't tried it with my new truck.

My Grand Prix fits about as well (there's like 3 feet behind it). What scares me is that this is considered a 2 car garage (which I challenge whenever I fill out home insurance papers).

I'm thinking of building a new 2 car garage onto the house and convert the current one to a living room, but that's only if I ever get enough money together.

Old 09-13-2007, 04:15 PM

I would fill it up with stuff.....er, wait.....I already have! Two car garage and it has so much crap in it that my sprint car barely fits and there's no chance of silver gettin' parked inside it...[&:]

Old 09-13-2007, 05:35 PM

The house im about to buy has a 30X40 glavanized garage/barn on it and im so looking foward to it. Any garage/carport ive hever had before has had a dirt floor so you could imagine my excitment of having a cement floor. Im just ready to get it so i can start building stuff and working on stuff.