Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Default Intake Question

Hello all, Ijust found the forum and read through it abit, butI have one question.
ok, I recently bought a 2001 silverado 2500 4x4 witha 6.0L and have put a Trans Dapt TBS on it. Now, I have a dilemma as I want to install a Intake system would prefer a dry filter system such as the AEM Brute Force but I'm not sure if it will fit with the TBS installed. Anyone out there got a TBS and a Intake? ... If So which combo works well?? I don't wanna have to Mod and cut the fan shroud unless I have too.

Thanks Much!

Old 07-22-2007, 11:20 PM
Default RE: Intake Question

well, i get my truck in the mud a lot, so i kept my stock airbox and put a k&N filter in it (or you could get an aem one im assuming) and got a "modular intake tube" from airaid, which is just a tube just like off an intake, and it fits my truck with a tbs...probabaly not quite as good as an intake but its still an improvement

Old 07-23-2007, 12:54 PM

I kind of have the same thoughts. I don't know if your 6.0 has the electric fans - if it does then it will fit with no problem. But I know that as it is - my fan is on the motor and after I put on the TBS the intake is rubbing on my fan bezel and it's about to rub a hole in the intake. I've been told that you can do some trim work on both the bezel and the intake tube and make it all fit, but I'm not sure how air-tight it will all be and what the chances are of the fan nipping the tube going through rough terrain or under alot of strain.
Good luck - let me know how it turns out if you do anything.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:09 PM

Thanks guys for the response. I'm sure as of yet what to do. The Airaid M.I.T. Tube might be my only and best option it seems, Least it will away with the slinki stock intake tube. My truck does NOT have electric fans, I've been reluctant to go that route asI use my truck to haul both a Camper and a 18' boat, and I dont need it overheating going over the pass. Just looking for abit more power and really its the intake sound I'm after. [sm=lildevil.gif]who knows, Maybe I'd be better off just removing the TBS and just get a Intake, I know it would be a hella lot easier!

Old 07-25-2007, 09:36 PM

i have a 5.3l with a intake and throttle body spacer, the 90 from the thrttle body needed to be trimmed and i cut about a inch into the fan shroud, it doesnt it and sounds great well worth it