Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

it's enough I guess....

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 10:02 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default it's enough I guess....

Well I took my truck to the drag strip last Friday and was only able to run the best of a 10.66 in the 1/8 mile. That is 0.05 slower than before I did the exhaust, red neck ram air, and throttle body spacer so I'm going backwards. The truck has been acting odd ever since and I've also got a mystery tranny fluid leak so I'm pretty sure I won't be making my truck any faster than it is. I was planning on buying long tubes, and getting a custom tune but I am worried about hurting it so instead I've decided to go ahead and buy a project car. I am planning on buying a Toyota Supra tomorrow or Sunday. I wanna make my truck faster but atleast this way I can dog the crap out of something and still have a reliable vehicle. I'll post up some pictures as soon as I get it.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Default RE: it's enough I guess....

Even though my first and continued opinion of the free mods = HP is they are questionable (not discounting MPG gains), thereare alwaysvariables to account for at the track. Temp, humidity, track temp and prep, ect.
When was your last run?

Old 10-27-2007, 10:45 PM
TruckForum Addict

My last run was in March. Conditions were pretty much the same. I have done a LOT of towing with this truck since I bought it because it was actually my work truck for my tree removal business when I first got it. I guess I wore off the newness.... I know I definately lost torque when I installed my exhaust. I could tell that right off the bat so maybe that + the torque management is what the problem is.

Either way it don't matter anymore. I bought this Supra today. http://pensacola.craigslist.org/car/458390566.html

I had him take the 18's off and he took $1,000 for it. He said he'll sell me the 18's for $300! Maybe if I get enough money on my next paycheck I'll go back and get them. It is great it just needs a lot of work. I'm gonna get my friend to paint it and hopefully get the 18's back. It needs some engine work but I'm thinking about just ignoring the problem it's got until I can afford to buy a turbo motor. It has a missfire at idle which some old co-workers of mine said is probably a burnt valve or it is running lean. I don't think it is running lean. It drives great it just missfires at idle once it's warmed up. Not too big of a deal. It's fine to drive so I'm not worried about it. Thinking about painting it Dodge Charger Daytona "Sublime"! Anyone seen that color? That'll look awesome I think.

Open for suggestions......

Old 10-29-2007, 10:28 AM

Agreat vehicle to toy with.....congrats.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:25 AM

I found a new toy too that I've been trying to wrestle out of my step-dads hands. 92' Toyota Celica, 5 speed. Its that ugly blue-green color but it only has 100K in the car and a new clutch. Heres the kicker, its small and ugly (the color) but it has a rebuilt engine bored out ( thirty over I think ) and that sucker really runs! If I can get my step-dad to fork it over for what he paid ($1000) it will be my little budget rocket. He can't afford another vehicle so its looking good!