Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Just installed TBS

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 09:12 PM
Default Just installed TBS

Ok guys.....I installed my TBS today. Everything went pretty good. Had a little trouble figuring out where the linkage spacers go. I unscrewed all three stock bolts and installed the spacers so that it would move the bracket up a little, and then I didnt need to use the drivers side bolt hole. Is that correct? Also, the idle kinda seems a little high than normal, Is there a fix for that?

I cleaned the throttle body while I had it apart (boy was that nasty) so I am pretty sure that will help alot. I drove it a little around town after and notice a diff so when I get it on the highway tomorrow I will find out for sure.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Default RE: Just installed TBS

What do you mean about the driver side bolt? Do you meen in the throttle body? If so are you sure its the right one? Because if you have a leak it will idle higher.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:33 PM

No sorry I am talking about the throttle cable bracket two are in line and one is towards middle of engine. I installed the linkage spacers with the tapered side going into the stock holes and than used thestock bolts to put the bracket on the spacers so it moved the bracket up closer to the tb so the screw hole at the middle of engine is just left open and you can use it so i used put the screw in that one. Is that right? The TB and TBS is in with all three bolts, I didnt have a torque wrench so hopefully i got them on tight enough

Old 03-24-2008, 09:45 PM

I never put one in but it sounds ok as lone as its running it should be ok. It might idle high because the computer has to learn like I said ive never put one in. Well ive put them under carburetors but never throttle body's.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:49 PM

Why dont you post some pics of that bad boy? That signature looks like you have a nice truck show that thing off!!!

Old 03-24-2008, 09:49 PM

Alright thanks alot man, hopefully someone else can comment too on it. Thanks again

Old 03-24-2008, 10:23 PM

I put one in last year, I'm pretty sure I remember there being an unused screw hole. I didnt feel much difference at all, just a little whistle and maybe just maybe a slight increase in HP. As for the idle issue, mine did the opposite. It would idle real low and shudder then idle back up, it went away after maybe 3 starts.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:52 PM

rxsteven, I will try to get some pics soon. My camara is not working right now but I will fix it or use my brothers. As for the truck, it is in exceptional shape for a 2000, well taken care of, has quite alot of miles on it but they were on highway miles so. Minor scratches on the paint, one little dent that only I know is there, Interior hasevery option there is and isin perfectcondition. I willget youall some pics.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:07 AM

yeah you dont use the third hole. three bolts come out two bolts go in.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:10 AM

Sweet, I think I did it right. I have to say the instructions sucked pretty bad. Thanks Chevy

Quick Reply: Just installed TBS