Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Last model year for the 1500 HD?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Default Last model year for the 1500 HD?

I'm thinking about trading in my 06 Silverado1500 LS 4x4(5.3, 3.73, auto) because of it's suck-*** towingincapability and **** poor customer service from the dealership and from GM (see link: https://www.truckforums.com/m_12268/tm.htm, and here: https://www.truckforums.com/m_12462/tm.htm). I've heard that the 1500 HD would have no trouble meeting my towing and safety needs but can find little information on this topic so I'm back here asking you guys.
I want all the bells andwhistles (leather, heated/adjustable seats, crew cab, etc, etc...) in addition to the 6 ltr, hd axles, and automatic tranny but can't find much information on this truck, the available options, and theyears of production. Of course I'm looking to find a low mileage, non-smokercream puff with all the options that was driven only 7 miles/week by someone's granny when she went for her blue-tint beauty salon treatment.I'm sure you get the idea.
I want to know if there's a site thatI can go to that lists all the build characteristics and available options for this truck.Also would like to hear from those of you who have owned this particular model (or someone who has), it's quirks, maintenance problems,recall info, gas mileage, ride quality, and so on.
I've seen several HD's on ebay and other sites but it looks like 2003 was the last year they made 'em? I will trade down with no problem if the truck meets my specs, can towa loaded 5500 lb trailerand is mechanically sound.
Did I mention cream puff already???
Mike in PA

Old 03-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Default RE: Last model year for the 1500 HD?

Chevrolet still offers the 1500HD.
You can find it here.Just click away. http://www.chevrolet.com/silveradocl...classic-1500hd
You can see all the specs and pics here.

Bill

Old 03-05-2007, 10:49 PM

mls57jax - you seem very angry for some reason, but you did not state specifically what the issue is. My truck hauls 7K lbs with no problem at all. Can you tell specifically what issues you are having? Also the HD is available even till 2007, but may not offer the options you want.

Old 03-06-2007, 08:01 AM

Smoke20,
Yes, I am angry I was frustrated early on but now I'm just plain angry. I know you read my earlier posts 'cause you responded to one of them with your own shifting issue but if you forgot, re-read BOTH and I think you will be able to understand my frustration.
Basically in a nut shell, I traded an 00 Silverado for this 06 Silverado and was assured by the salesman that the truck's towing characteristics would match exactly (same engine, tranny, rears). When that I discoverthey tow worlds apart fom each other and the dealer responds with an "everything's normal"despite what i was promised before the sale, AND that they will donothing to resolve my complaint, well, that pisses me off. Yeah, I got a good deal on the truck (Supplers Discount + $7500in end-of-model-year rebates) but that has no impact on my dis-satisfaction.
Today is judgement day. I have to make a decision with the GM technical rep regarding the dealer offere 5-year/100k mile extended warranty on the transmission that they are offering me (at no charge). Like I said in an earlier post, I'd have more ofa warm and fuzzy if the warranty was for the complete drive train (engine/tranny/diff), especially after reading about BigTexasChevy's grenading rear-end.
Will update the list later with what GM offers and what I decide to settle with.
Mike in PA