Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

NEED HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Default RE: NEED HELP!!!

the pcm would do nutty things to try to compensate...i just betcha that blue oval o-ring slipped...I'd take the lid back off and look at that,and look for gas standing in there...and triple check the right nozzle is in the right hole

Old 11-16-2007, 03:25 PM

Ok now, where is the gasket exactly? is it under the lid or what? i cant really remember off the top of my head. Also which hole should it be in? my dad put this in with me and he knows this stuff i dont.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:55 PM

What i ment when i said this stuff is he knows the numbers of the cylinders. I know alot about engines just not that. I didnt want u guys thinking I was some guy that didnt know anything.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:44 PM

Well i just took the cover off. and the o ring was missing??? i dont know if the upgraded one didnt come with one or what, but it was gone. so now im on my way out to eat and i will pick one up while im out.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:56 PM

the oval o-ring is called a spahgetti gasket sometimes...goes around the spider oin that groove...lube up your new one with something and try to insure the cover does not stuff it down.I usually hold the spider up with pkliers as OI'm easing the intake down.

on your spider...look closely and you'll see numbers...the #2 slot on the spider goes to cyl #2..

odds are on drivers side....evens on passengers side

Old 11-16-2007, 09:30 PM

I went to autozone and they didnt have on in stock. I also went to advance and they dont have them in stock either. so im guna have to wait til they get in... is there anything else that could possibly work to redneck it or something?

Old 11-17-2007, 05:50 AM

not that I know of...a dealer should have it

Old 11-17-2007, 09:58 PM

Ok well thanks for the input. Im just going to go ahead and have them order it and work on it monday

Old 11-28-2007, 03:24 PM

OK guys i forgot to tell you last time that the check engine light was on. OK anyway, I went and got a new O ring for the spider because it didnt have one on it. I put it on hooked everything back up and then it started to act like it would die and sometimes it actually did die. It seemed like a vacume hose was off but i checked and didnt see any off. Then just yesterday i went to start it up to drive it because it was driveable, You just had to shift to neutral and give it some gas. but like i was saying i went to start it and it raced up to 3000 rpms and then died just like before I put the O ring on except not quite as high of rpms as last time. I am really stuck. anyone have any ideas.
thanks,
Randy

Old 11-28-2007, 03:34 PM

I'm thinking you are getting air into the intake after the throttle body. Did you have to remove any bolts or other items that secure the upper and lower intake?

Quick Reply: NEED HELP!!!