Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Need help! anyone who owns a Chevy Silverado!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 08:46 AM
Default Need help! anyone who owns a Chevy Silverado!!

Okay, i'm a student in college working on a project and i need your feedback! I'm working on an analytical report so any kind of imformation that you have about the Silverado would be fine!
just to give you an idea of what i need:

I would like to know on how you feel about your truck, how you think your truck is compared to the Ford F150 and the Dodge Ram.

How reliable your truck is, as far as towing capactiy, gas milage and just general wear and tear.

If someone could help me out with this that would be Amazinnnggg

:-) emccstudent

Old 03-01-2011, 06:26 AM

I'm not going to get into the Ford vs Chevy debate since they both make good trucks, but please don't ever compare a Dodge to a Chevrolet. The Silverado is a great truck and that is the reason that they have been around for so long. Over the years there have been multiple engines and drivetrains offered, therefore people are going to differ on their opinions of how much the truck pulls,gas mileage,etc because their trucks look the same,but they are completely different.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:14 AM
Administrator

The 350 engine is one of the most renowned motors in the world because of it's perfect balance of power, reliability, and efficiency that kept it in production for 40 years. The silverado has epitomized all-around good truck for the past 25 years and is still a leader. Personally, I think that the 88-98 pickups were the best they ever made and would still be commonplace if they hadn't all rusted out.

You can't beat a Silverado. Ford is a close second, but they had a hard time making a good looking truck for awhile. Dodge is crap as far as I'm concerned

Old 03-01-2011, 01:46 PM

I have an '09 and couldn't be more satisfied with the looks, performance and reliability. I bought my first new truck in 1981 and it was a Silverado. What a piece of crap. I couldn't keep it fixed and the dealer was no help. The thing was put together by a blind person, the paint was faded from the start and it constantly had some sort of problem with it. I nursed it along for many years but when I bought my next new truck, it was a Toyota. It was a great truck, never had a problem with it but I never really bonded with it. I was in the market again in '07 and wanted a diesel. Toyota didn't make one so I went back to Chevrolet. I was very happy with that truck and it did everything it was supposed to do. It turned out it was more truck than I needed so I sold it easily. First person that looked at it snapped it up for my asking price. I almost immediately bought my current '09 and plan to drive it until it wears out. I think that's going to be a long time.
I never really considered a Ford and certainly not a Dodge. Something about a Chevy just seems to fit me and I feel comfortable with them. I hope they keep the quality up because that is the main thing I look for in anything I buy......quality and reliability. Good luck.
Slim

Old 03-02-2011, 08:20 AM

Honestblades: haha sorry about comparing the chevy to a dodge, i'm new at this whole truck thing which is why i'm asking you guys!

Just to let you guys know i also posted this same question on the Ford F150 forum and the Dodge Ram forum and so far i have only heard back from ford and chevy... no one has anything good to say about dodge i guess which helps me in my study.

I have one more questions for you guys if you could have the truck of your dreams what would it be, reguardless of price. I want to know everything and anything that would come in this truck from the engine size right down to all the different specs.

Again thank you so much for helping me!

Old 03-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Keep in mind, this is a GM dominated Website and there isn't really that many people to post in those areas. Just don't assume that no response is a bad response

I hate to flip it around now.. But I'd take a Ford Raptor SVT

Old 03-02-2011, 08:57 PM

i have a 93 Z71 silverado ext cab short bed 4X4 it has 249,358 miles on it and the only parts ive had to replace are a fuel pump u joint and a temp sensor(other than brakes and reg maintinence)its been in my family sense 90k miles and those are the only parts replace oh and the exhaust...great truck never lets me down...its my dd my toy and workhorse all in one it drives me to work plays off road on the way home with no problems..The LO5 350 C.I. v8 is one of the most reliable engines gm ever made your hard pressed to find one with less than 190k miles as they are so damn strong

Old 03-05-2011, 12:33 AM

I have an 03 silverado with a little over 100k miles.. Two months ago I had my trans rebuilt but other than that I have not had to replace anything.. My personal opinion is the 03 style body shape is the best modle truck ever made.. The front end is sick looking, the interior is very comfortable and the extra cab is pretty big

I have been in a few different F-150's for work trucks.. I hate the interiors.. My brother had a F-350 turbo dissle with banks upgrade that was sick fast but very expensive

Dodge trucks from a mechanical point of view are not as reliable as chevy

One truck you didnt mention is the Nissan Titten.. That is a nice looking truck and it comes with a nice size engine.. I don't know how they are reliability wise

Adam

Old 03-05-2011, 11:58 PM
Default 2000 GMC Sierra Fuel Pump Problems

I replaced my fuel pump tody on a 2000 GMC Sierra 5.3L. Instead of dropping the tank, I removed the truck bed. After unhooking all the wiring harnesses close to the bumper and unbolting the thing it came right off. I jumped in it and was going to take it to the car was for clean the fram where it had been covered by the truck bed. The problem is, it would not start. I thought it might be the fuel pump so I went ahead and replaced it. The problem is, it won't start! I worked firn before I took the bed off. What do you think the problem is?fule l Was I supposed to get the air out of the fuel lines before installing the new fuel pump. I am at a loss. PLEASE Help

Old 03-06-2011, 11:14 AM

Ithink it has something to do with the ground strap on the bed because I had my truck in the body shop a couple years ago and when they put it back together they said it would not start. Turned out they didnt have the ground strap connected. Atleast thats what they told me. Hope you get it fixed.

Quick Reply: Need help! anyone who owns a Chevy Silverado!!