Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

New to this forum and iso of help with installing plug and play led tail lights

Old 01-26-2013, 02:00 PM
Beginner
Default New to this forum and iso of help with installing plug and play led tail lights

I have a 2012 GMC sierra 1500 ext cab 1500 SLE and I brought a pair of LED TAIL lamps on ebay , their spyder led tail lights. Their also plug and play but in spyders video I found on youtube it says to plug the led lights into a plug wire that runs behind the frame of the tail light. I look under the bumper into the area behind the tail light and I think i found the plug , it is a wire that runs into a group of 3 plugs , there are 3 plugs on the driver side under the back bumper, one bigger one in the middle which i think is for the tow hitch lights and the other two i am thinking is for the tail lights?

Is that the plugs I would plug the LED plug into?

Am I right or wrong? The spyder LED tail lights comes with the wire and plug so i would need to remove the OEM wire and plug I am thinking.

I never did nothing like this but it looks simple. I just wanted to be sure I got it right before i go and unplug stuff on the truck lol

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS

Old 01-27-2013, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Billyapb1071
I have a 2012 GMC sierra 1500 ext cab 1500 SLE and I brought a pair of LED TAIL lamps on ebay , their spyder led tail lights. Their also plug and play but in spyders video I found on youtube it says to plug the led lights into a plug wire that runs behind the frame of the tail light. I look under the bumper into the area behind the tail light and I think i found the plug , it is a wire that runs into a group of 3 plugs , there are 3 plugs on the driver side under the back bumper, one bigger one in the middle which i think is for the tow hitch lights and the other two i am thinking is for the tail lights?

Is that the plugs I would plug the LED plug into?

Am I right or wrong? The spyder LED tail lights comes with the wire and plug so i would need to remove the OEM wire and plug I am thinking.

I never did nothing like this but it looks simple. I just wanted to be sure I got it right before i go and unplug stuff on the truck lol

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS

It is just as it says, you unplug the factory stuff and plug in the new. You do not remove anything. I would like to see pictures of them, lights and wiring. Thanks hope this helps.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:33 AM
Beginner

Originally Posted by ItBeMe
It is just as it says, you unplug the factory stuff and plug in the new. You do not remove anything. I would like to see pictures of them, lights and wiring. Thanks hope this helps.
thanks and yea once I get the lights in I will do pictures. I am just not sure if I found the right plug to plug the leds into.

I guess no harm can come from from unplugging a wire to see if it is the OEM tail light wire..

The leds come with their own wire so all i gotto do is plug them in..

I got snow though yesterday and no garage so its going be a week or till the snow all melts before i can get back under the truck to unplug the old tail light wire

Old 01-27-2013, 07:41 AM

The only wires and plugs back there are for lights. And the plug on your new lights should look the same as the ones under the truck. Post a picture of the lights and plug before you install them. The plug should be 3/4" black square.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:50 AM
Beginner

Originally Posted by ItBeMe
The only wires and plugs back there are for lights. And the plug on your new lights should look the same as the ones under the truck. Post a picture of the lights and plug before you install them. The plug should be 3/4" black square.
ok thanks that is what i thught. just second guessing myself

Old 01-31-2013, 03:57 PM
Beginner
Old 01-31-2013, 05:22 PM

Looks real good.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:17 PM
Beginner

IMG]http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh558/Billy_Farmer/Snapbucket/37330F71-orig.jpg[/IMG]

Night time