Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New head unit and speakers ordered.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:03 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default New head unit and speakers ordered.

Well i broke down and ordered a new head unit and speakers.

Head unit ordered.
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...90&tp=5684
Pioneer DEH-P5900ib

Front speakers ordered.
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...0CS&tp=106
Infinity Reference 5010cs 5 1/4" component speaker

Rear speakers ordered.
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...CFP&tp=105
Infinity Reference 6412cfp 4"x6" 2-way plate speaker

Hopefully i made the right decision of course it is just money and i will make more tomorrow.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Default RE: New head unit and speakers ordered.

Looks good, now you just need a sub.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:26 PM

Very nice choice on the speakers. Those are the same ones I am going to be getting soon for my 01 extended cab. I haven't ordered them yet due to me not being able to decide on my head unit. The one you ordered looks very nice, I would probably get something similar if I did not want either navigation or dvd. Anyone have any suggestions on those? I have been going nuts trying to decide between dvd or navigation and whether I want to go with a flip our screen or just stick with a 3" screen. Anyone have a flip out model? I am curious as to whether it will clear the top of the dash or not.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:31 PM

I have a GPS through my palm pilot, which is nice since I can switch it through different vehicles. I would recommend a stand alone GPS for this reason.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:01 PM

Does that front on that head unit you've ordered open up partially? If so I'm getting that same model from a friend it's a nice deck. And with the way navigation is advancing I'd definitely go with a stand alone as stated earlier. I know that the pioneer in dash units with flip out will fit into my 2002. It's easy for them to fit, look at the size of them and how much space our factory decks take up. Stores said they could install with zero problem, of course the damn things are 600 plus too.

Old 11-28-2007, 03:55 AM

ORIGINAL: quick02

Does that front on that head unit you've ordered open up partially? If so I'm getting that same model from a friend it's a nice deck. And with the way navigation is advancing I'd definitely go with a stand alone as stated earlier. I know that the pioneer in dash units with flip out will fit into my 2002. It's easy for them to fit, look at the size of them and how much space our factory decks take up. Stores said they could install with zero problem, of course the damn things are 600 plus too.
I have an 01 and on Crutchfield it says that the flip out units may have problems due to the way the top of the dash lips outward. Have you tried one in your vehicle? Anyone else tried them? I really want the flip out for the dvd since we cant run double din units. But I am also concerned about the motors going out on the flip out systems. I have found most of the same ones that are on crutchfield for $600 plus on Ebay and Overstock.com for around $300 to $400 brand new with Ipod cables.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:45 AM

Hey i have the same system almost. The infiniti's are amazing, U will definately enjoy them.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:32 PM
TruckForum Addict

Well i got the stuff in today and installed the head unit and that alone made the truck audio sound so much better. Now i just have to find time to install the speakers. Ionly hope they make it sound even better.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:37 PM

They will, U will notice that the infinitis hit alot harder on base. Hey if u really wana step it up get a sub and a 4 channel or more amp. i found the best prices on millionbuy.com

Old 11-28-2007, 04:38 PM
TruckForum Addict

Yeah i am waiting on subs for now. Maybe save up to get new rear end gears and or a lift first.

Quick Reply: New head unit and speakers ordered.