Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

ok, i must be doing something wrong

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Default ok, i must be doing something wrong

alright my prob. i have a o4 4x4 ext cab 4.8. my mods, airaid tubular intake, k&n drop in, powerair tbs, descreened maf, redneck ram air, custom 3 inch exhaust, stock headers and cats, hypertech pp3, and jet billet servo. my friend has the exact truck same year only a 5.3 ltr, with k&n and borla exhaust. from a 20 roll i pull maybe a half a car but 60 to 80 or above HE STILL PULLS A CAR ON ME AND EVEN MORE. wtf am i doing wrong or does he just have a factory freak? please help[/align][/align]

Old 02-02-2008, 10:13 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default RE: ok, i must be doing something wrong

I don't know man. It seems like you are doing something wrong but I'll cast no stone. How many miles does your truck have on it? Maybe it's in need of something tuned up like a new fuel filter or something.... No way to tell without being there so it's your call on whether or not the truck is running good.

Does your truck atleast seem a lot faster than it was stock? Are you entirely sure he's telling you all of the mods he's got and are you sure it's a 5.3 and not a 6.0?

Old 02-02-2008, 10:18 PM

no im not sure, but i just did a tune up. new plugs and wire, fuel filter about 10,000 miles ago. new belt, and shes running like a bat aout of hell compared to her stock. and my baby has 127,000 on her

Old 02-02-2008, 10:26 PM
TruckForum Addict

I think your problem is weight. It's an extended cab/ long bed + 4X4 gear. Your doing good to still be moving fast with that setup. Does yourfriend also have an extended cab 4X4? If so I'd think even though your pushing a lot less factory torque, your mods should make up for it.

Also, did you already get and install that servo? You added it to your list up top so I assume it's already installed. How much of a difference does that actuallymake?

Old 02-02-2008, 10:29 PM

o man, that coupled with the pp3 tuning makes every shift feel like a punch with no time at all lost. feels like my z slap shifting. def get it, well worth it. the only time i make on him is when he shifts i catch a glimpse of his qauter panel

Old 02-02-2008, 10:30 PM

What are the gears in the 2 trucks?
if you have 3:42's and he has 3:73's, I can almost see why...

basically, is his a Z71? Im assuming your is not..

Old 02-02-2008, 10:30 PM

son of a ****ing bitch. yes his is extended can and 4x4 with a ****in 6.0, that motha ****er has been ****ing with me. with a programmer. i was wondering how was staying in gear so long

Old 02-02-2008, 10:31 PM

i dont know what my factory gearing is. is there any way to tell?

Old 02-02-2008, 10:37 PM

ORIGINAL: motoguy

i dont know what my factory gearing is. is there any way to tell?
look in the glovebox.
is it a Z71? if not, its probably got 3:42 gears since its a 4.8.
if you bought it new, you would know if you chose it as an option or not.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:43 PM
TruckForum Addict

He has 4x4 in his signature.

How did you find all that out about his truck so suddenly? Are you toying with us or did you just finally get him to crack?

If all of it's true your doin awesome to be keeping up with him so well. Dang, all this talk is making me want to do more crap to my truck... even though I plan on trying to sell it...... (what to do?!)

Quick Reply: ok, i must be doing something wrong