Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok, i must be doing something wrong

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 11:50 PM
Default RE: ok, i must be doing something wrong

Dont sell it thats youre baby.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:06 AM
TruckForum Addict

Going Off Topic: Yes it is my baby... it's also 75% of my bills roughly. I'm paying $272 a month, plus about $100 a month for insurance. On top of that, I am just one of those people with a lead foot. I don't go more than 5-8mph over the speed limit but I love getting on it and cannot for the life of me stop myself. It's just costing me way to much in gas to drive the thing. Not to mention I only make like $8hr plus comission at work. I have pretty much already decided I'm getting rid of the thing, it's just a matter of finding a second job so I can whittle down the loan on it and get my Supra running good first so I have something else to drive. I keep wishing I still had my Lancer. I could beat the brains outta that engine and still be getting like 27-28mpg! Course I also couldn't run any faster than an 11.3 in the 1/8 mile in it.

Getting Back On Topic: If somehow I do find a much better paying job, I'll keep it, get a Diablo Predator programmer, get the Jet servo, and switch to all Royal Purple fluids. Likelyhood: *chirp* *chirp* *chirp*.....

Old 02-03-2008, 12:06 AM

nah he was over here while i was doing the post and when someone asked if he was bull****tin i turned and asked if he had a 6.0 and he smiled and then laugh and said it was about ****ing time i figured it out. ive been tryin to smoke him for like 3 weeks now.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:10 AM
TruckForum Addict

[:'(]Why don't you kick his buttox for us all, LOL! If you really wanna beat him... since he is cheating and all you could shove something in his tailpipes to clog them up real good. It'll bog down real bad and your gauranteed to win. Course if you ruin his exhaust it wasn't my idea.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:11 AM

to figure out your gearing look in the glove box for the RPO codes. there will be one starting with a G i.e. GU2 or G80 something, get that and google it to see what your rear end gears are. you should try him on the highway. see if you can catch up to him over 70.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:14 AM

haha well i do feel better but i now i want to smoke him. i feel im close but ima have to break into the engine to do it. i have alot of miles so its time for a rebuild

Old 02-03-2008, 12:35 AM
TruckForum Addict

That's not a lot of miles. If your gonna do anything internally, I'd just do a little beefier cam + a custom tune(not that you'd have a choice). You'd probably smoke him then.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:40 AM

Lingenfelter has a twin turbo set up for our motor or supercharge it

Old 02-03-2008, 12:43 AM
TruckForum Addict

Hah! A Lingenfelter Silverado would be the ultimate in my book!

Old 02-03-2008, 12:53 AM

They did a GMC you can see on there page. I got to tour the shop about 2 years ago (so bad ***) watched them do a dyno on a vett.

Quick Reply: ok, i must be doing something wrong