Go Back  Truck Forums > Full Size Truck Forums > Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum
Reload this Page >

ok so i have have talked along time about rebuildign my truck but not anymore

Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

ok so i have have talked along time about rebuildign my truck but not anymore

Old 05-15-2011, 05:57 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default ok so i have have talked along time about rebuildign my truck but not anymore

i have decided to say screww it and fix my dads 99 suburban instead
his engine is shot in it it runs but not very well its been rebuilt 2 times bored .30 over
anyway what im getting to is that my truck engine is the 350 tbi (throttle body injected)
his is a 350 vortech efi with tow pakage
i want to put my engine in his suburban
i know i have to convert it to efi to do so
first i know that i have to take the top end off his and put it on mine then from there where do i go
and would i have to retime the engine or will it work the same as his did
i would like anymore info as i know how to take an engine apart jsut not so sure of how to convert and what all it will take i no it will need new gaskets and what not so if anyone has any knowlage or has done this before let me know what im gettin myself into
thanks
and i am only doin this cause in the last week i have found abotu 30 problems with my truck so i gave up on rebuilding it

Old 05-15-2011, 07:14 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

The Vortec heads are different so you will need the heads from his motor. You also need to make sure that your block is set up for roller lifters.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:48 PM
TruckForum Addict

thanks