Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok so whats the trick to get the oil

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 09:26 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default ok so whats the trick to get the oil

ok so today after work i was tinkering with my truck found out the radiator i got for free wont work at all as the 99s dont have the heater hose on the top like the 94 does and the fitting sizes are diferent no biggy i was gonna use brass fittings to make them work
well i got all the hoses off the top then proceeded to take off the bottom got the pass side hoses off just fine
then the oil cooler outlet line snaped off on me i tried to turn it slowly then back again to kinda break it free before it broke well it broke off right at the darn fitting that goes into the radiator
so anyway i go to my auto parts store got a new radiator and oil cooler outlet hose
and spent the last 4 hours messing with the end that goes into the oil filter housing
i did move that stupid rod that goes from the trans to somewhere up on the engine i think its a support then i used a cresent to break the brass nutloose thats as far as i got before it got dark and i got mad
i know there is a clip that is sposed to come out but it wont unless i get the darn thing completley off

so what is the trick to getting it to come off its in a really wierd spot to get a line wrench on and if i turn it to much i cant get anyting on there
so any ideas ive never had this problem before today but then again i hadnt done it on a 94 ive done some on older cars and trucks

so ideas or hints or tricks needed i have to drive my moms car its a 93 buick until i get it fixed

Old 08-15-2011, 10:13 PM
TruckForum Addict

I can't make a mental picture of what you describe .... got any pictures of the problem fitting?

Old 08-16-2011, 09:24 PM
TruckForum Addict

well i got the stuborn fitting out after another 3 hours and a pair of vice grips as thats the only thing i could use that would fit
and the rod i was talking about is the strut rod

so any way i go the new line on and the new radiator all buttoned up and tightend down suprisingly the only thing holding my radiator on is tha actual fan shroud
my oil pressure is low but thats what the gauge says not the dip stick dip stick says full
so much happier know
on to the frame work again and tearing the donor truck apart

Old 08-18-2011, 09:20 PM

was your oil pressure guage reading low before you changed everything out, if not make sure you have no oil leaks at the filter housing or anywhere for that, you will burn it up, the guage is for inside the block pressure, not oil level, I would double check everything.