Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Performance Exhaust ? for 03 LS Silverado

Old 09-12-2006, 02:03 AM
Default Performance Exhaust ? for 03 LS Silverado

Since I have to replace my catalytic converter, I was thinking of buying a MagnaFlow hi-performance exhaust system with their hi-flow catalytic converter. I called my local shop and was told that they don't have one listed for a 2003. Question 1 - does anyone know if an exhaust system for an 04 will fit an 03 with no problems ? Mine is a regular cab short bed with a 5.3 engine and it's in California. Question 2 - if I get the exhaust system and do not also get an air intake system installed at the same time, will I fail to get all of the potential benefit from the better exhaust system ?

Old 11-09-2006, 01:48 AM
Default RE: Performance Exhaust ? for 03 LS Silverado

I have a 00/Z71 W/the Total MagnaFlow Package -> BUT!@! I if I am correct, as of 10/15/06, I believe that MagnaFlow does NOW offer a Brand New Cat w/Y-Pipe plus the Cat Back system for you. I would suggest that you not go with a Bassani System as they don't really have one, just parts welded by the shop using their Universal Cats w/NO Y-PIPE(everything has to be hand built=$$$) and a Corvette Similar Muffler with X-pipe inside. They usually have to cut your cats off and weld in the Cats, using your original Y/Pipe for 02 Sensor placement and that’s just BS ->(Call Bassani and ask Darryl himself). I run the entire MagnaFlow system and just passed smog in September in 4 mins. You need to also, and this is a no buts deal, buy new 02 Sensors - REAL OEM - Front/Back, 4 in all and make sure you know which is which. The plug/connectors for the sensors are on top of the frame rail, 8"-10" from each sensor, piece of cake. If you haven't bought a Programmer yet, go right on by the Hypertec (old news) to the Demon. YOU CAN BORROW ANY DEMON FOR THIS, NO NEED TO BUY ONE JUST TO CLEAR CODES. I bought a used one just to clear all codes and do not use its power or other settings; (I have a re-programmed PCM) -> Clearing codes will be important as you get more into performance for your truck.
AGAIN, just because I use a product doesn't mean it is any better than another, just my experience and hard research have taken me here. Just trying to save you money and help you stay away from the “BUMMER-FACTOR.â€
Talk to "JIM," at MagnaFlow - Direct Line - (800) 817-3930
ONCE you find out if your on the "NEW PRODUCTS," list->>> (don't just trust that the web site is up to date, CALL!@!), then you want a guy who will sell you everything and get it all to you fast (THIS IS WHERE YOU CAN GET SCREWED BY DROP SHIPPERS) so only use a MagnaFlow HUB Authorized Dealer!@!.
I USED "REV2RED," for my fast and CORRECT package. You will see them as the last listing on the MagnaFlow hub where it says "BUY ONLINE." THEY ARE THE LAST LISTING AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE AND ARE CALLED 'MAGNAFLOW ONLINE/Rev2Red. Speak to SAM, he’s a real nice guy and NO BS !@! FREE SHIPPING AS WELL !@!

->>MagnaFlow Hub Link - Speak to Jim ->(800) 817-3930
http://www.magnaflow.com/01trucks.asp
->>Rev2Red DBA MagnaFlow Online - Ask for Sam "Rev2Red," Link Below ->>>(Tell em the Greek in Calif Sent ya)
http://www.rev2red.com/index.php?cPa...jJk7b9AyDJ57oQ
GL
Greek