Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Programmers-SuperChips & my 2 Cents

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 03:09 AM
Default Programmers-SuperChips & my 2 Cents

I know I'm going to get Flamed for this so please, be cool.
The SPONSER of this HUB/FORUM is SuperChips. Now I have to say one thing about them. THEY WERE THE FIRST, copied by JET. I believe I bought my first SuperChipS' for my 88 Vette, 92 Z/28 IROC, 94 Z/28 and my 95 Z28/SS. I can honestly say "THANK YOU GUYS," for allowing me to show nothing but "REAR TAIL LIGHTS," to many a 90-94 Mustang GT. Everybody knows that during those years, Ford had ONE HELL OF A 5.0, hands down!@! We all loved the look, loved the sound, and feared the HP. The Convertible GT was just gorgeous, drooling sweet. The sound = HP and that "drooped," many a GM owners ->>woody.
I have bought Hypertec Programmers for 96,98,99,00,02 Z28/SSs (retired GM-Major Discount) as well as my 97,99/C5s. I bought them because I was impatient and couldn't wait for either Ron Zimmerman (1993-1996) who in 1996 wrote the code for Chrysler to allow them to stuff a V8 in thier small ram (on Contract w/Dlymr-Cry now- Hemet Calif) or Steve Cole (1997-Present, LA Calif) to re-program my ECM/PCM. I sold each Hypertec after I had my Puters Re-programmed. I was pleased by the programmers to say the least but they are nothing compared to a RE-PROGRAMMED PCM, PERIOD!@!. I now have a Demon just for my 00/Z71 for the sole reason; clearing codes and I bought it used off EBay. I bought a PCM from another Motorsports online dealer for my Z/71, just like your GoodGuys Rep here(TAKE ADVANTAGE GUYS). When it comes to Programmers, they are all the same. Demon is the only one which clears codes, ones that GM dlrshps will not do or will charge you $$ and then, will put the stock program back into your PCM. This defeats the whole purpose because when you get home, you’re going to plug back in that programmer and BAM, code lights are back, MAYBE, maybe not.
There is only one "Program," you want to follow for your truck - a Re-Programmed PCM and a used Demon to clear the codes; Remember this; you can BORROW a Demon to clear the codes!@!
Just MHO
Greek