Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Picked up my new project yesterday...

Old 04-01-2010, 07:21 AM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator
Default Picked up my new project yesterday...

I have been in search of a project truck for quite some time. I wanted a running 90's model short bed regular cab to make into a fun little toy. I am real picky about color's especially the interior color so it has been hard to find one that I liked. I happened to be talking to a dealer friend of mine and mentioned it to him (again) and he said he had a customer trading in a 1995 GMC that was just like I was describing. I didn't want to get excited until I actually knew the truck was available. Well low and behold he calls me last night and says "Get over here before this truck gets sold!" Me and the wife hauled *** over there and WOW there it was. Just what I had been looking for. A 1995 indigo blue w/ gray interior GMC short bed regular cab 350 automatic truck. I haven't taken any pics of it yet, but figured I would document my little project here. I am very excited!!!!!

Last edited by Mr_Shamrock; 04-01-2010 at 07:27 AM.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:44 AM
Ford and Dodge Truck Forum Moderator

Congrats man. Post up some pics when you get the chance

Old 04-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Sounds like a good little project! I can't wait to see the documentation cuz it might give me a few ideas for mine...

Guess I'll have to get crackin' on that tutorials section then won't I?

Old 04-01-2010, 03:08 PM

Here is what I am starting with...

Attached Thumbnails Picked up my new project yesterday...-100_6352.jpg   Picked up my new project yesterday...-100_6353.jpg   Picked up my new project yesterday...-100_6356.jpg  
Old 04-01-2010, 04:11 PM
TruckForum Addict

Very clean looking. Any body work been done to it? How many miles?

Old 04-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Ford and Dodge Truck Forum Moderator

That is a nice looking truck.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:20 PM

congrats, looks like its in great shape.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Beginner

very good shape

Old 04-01-2010, 06:12 PM
TruckForum Addict

Is it throttle bodyy? What rearend is in it? I see it has a trailer break control on it... what type of hauling did the previous owner do? Does it have heavy duty shocks under the rear?

Old 04-01-2010, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by timber74wolf
Very clean looking. Any body work been done to it? How many miles?
It is actually original paint except for the drivers door where someone broke in under the handle and they painted just the door. I wouldn't of known unless the guy told me. It has one little ding in the drivers door that a paintless dent guy can get out easily. It has 140,000 miles, but it has been well taken care of. The dealer that took it in trade knows the previous owner and said he was a freak about this truck. To give you an example I pulled the original clear plastic off the carpets today. They are perfect underneath.

I know alot of you guys don't like lowering trucks, but it is going to get a slight lowering - probably 2 inch spindles in the front and a 3" hanger/shackle combo in the rear. Then I want a set of 17" wheels that are the same color silver as the bottom of the truck in the middle with a polished outer lip. I am still searching for what I have in mind. I know I have seen them somewhere. They look like Torque Thrust wheels.

Stay tuned!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Picked up my new project yesterday...