Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Power seats move by themselves- where is the fuse?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Default Power seats move by themselves- where is the fuse?

1999 Silverado all way heated, leather front buckets, 250,000miles seats are pretty worn out.

There must be a short in the seat wiring harness but I cannot seem to locate it. Sometimes the adjusters work the seat but usually they act dead. The big problem is that lately the seat has started to move by itself as I am driving. Sometimes just a little for and aft but often the seat back tilts all the way back so I can hardly drive the thing. When this happens the seat adjuster doesn't work but if I wait a day or so it will randomly work and I can put the seat back where it belongs. I know the truck is worn out but I really want to get the seat where I want it and pull the fuses so this doesn't keep happening.

The owners manual doesn't show a seat fuse in the fuse panel to the left of the dash?

It does list one in the auxiliary panel under the dash above the brake pedal but that panel is empty except for two square relays?

There is a 30 amp fuse under the hood on the left fenderwell that is supposed to be for "power seats" but pulling it out hasn't affected seat operation.

Anyone know where the fuse to the seats is? I am afraid the seats will not stop moving someday and the motor will burn up.

Thanks for any suggestions.