Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Programmer Tunners

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Default Programmer Tunners

What is the better programmer out there. Hyper,Superchip,JET....

I have an 06 GMC CC 4X4...

jOHN

Old 01-25-2009, 11:59 PM
Default RE: Programmer Tunners

A friend of mine uses Hyper and he always recommends it to me, but I'm still undecided whether to use programmer tuner or not.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:53 AM

no handhelds, get a custom tune from nelson or blackbear performance with 80% of the torque management removed. had 2 hypercraps on my 5.3 and they sucked.

Old 02-01-2009, 11:50 AM

John,

I recently added the Hypertech Max Energy to my '99 5.3 Sierra. On the regular fuel tuning I have gotten a noticable gain in power & response and my highway mpg's have increased from 11mpg to almost 14mpg. I am hoping for better results from the premium tuning.

So for my vehicle, I feel that the Max Energy was a worthwhile buy. As I was researching which tuner to buy, it seemed that the Diablo Predator, Max Energy, and Superchips had all given out equal results for those that it worked for.

It does seem that some vehicles don't notice any gains, so you probably want to check out specific purchase reviews for your vehicle first. The peope getting better results also had other mods such as Cold air intake and aftermarket exhaust.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:17 PM

Superchips Cortex here. Only good things to say. Reads and clears trouble codes too.
Was VERY skeptical at first, esp. with the price (found a great deal on it on autoanything), but now that I've run it and felt it by the seat of my pants I'd highly recommend it.
I was going to get one of the old Hypertech PowerProgrammerIII's off of ebay for cheap (going for like $80-100 average for an '02 GM truck), but decided to splurge. Glad I did go with Cortex, it's also compatible with other GM vehicles, not as specific as the older Hypertech's...
Also great to finally correct the Odometer for proper tire/wheel size.

I wish edge made a dash mount programmer for the Classic style GM trucks... but no luck for us. Those look like great units, and can be mounted to look somewhat factory and remained plugged in to change settings easily (not that hard to have Superchips with you in the console though). Looks like I'll have to look into a MSD Dashhawk if I want all those data calculating functions...