Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Re-flashing the vehicle's computer

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 06:57 PM
Default Re-flashing the vehicle's computer

So I just recieved my Superchips Flashpaq tuner today in the mail. I hooked it up and apperently my truck has already been reprogramed and is not stock. So basically all i need to do is get the truck's computer flashed back to stock right? I am getting the run around by the only Chevy dealership in town. They are saying that they cant do it, but everybody else i call in town send me to them. A brand new computer costs about $300 (as much as the dang programmer). And if i go that route i still have to have the thing flashed. How can they flash a brand new one but not mine? Any suggestions?????? Im stumped.........

Old 03-17-2009, 09:23 PM

I think they may be givin you the run around. If they can reflash a new one, I don't see why they can't reflash the one you have right now. Maybe it's because they want the extra 300. That's weird that the truck has already been programmed.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:05 AM
TruckForum Addict

I do not find it is hard to believe the computer is already programmed. I know a few people who have bought used trucks and the computers are already programmed. The previous owners just let the truck go and didn't fool with undoing the program done by the handheld programmer or they had a tune done and just let the truck go like I said earlier.
As far as the dealership not reflashing the computer... I would look for another dealership... whether it be a Chevy or GMC dealership.
Or better yet ask Superships if you could return the handheld and get a custom tune done.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:48 PM

So get this... I call the Chevy dealer back and get put on hold for 15 minutes... I got told that the only service technician was at the parts counter and i should just leave a message for him. I told the person that i was getting jacked around and that i would not leave a message and they would not get my service. I get a wild hair up my a$$ the next day and call the ford dealership, they told me that they would be happy to work on my truck. I told them that its great to hear someone wants to because the chevy dealership sure doesnt. They did the job in about a half hour. Reflashed the computer back to stock. Wow what a turd it was driving home!!! I reprogramed it with no flaws this time. Works great!! I just wish it wouldnt have taken this long Any recomendations on the next mod? Exhaust is definately next in line but i mean after that? I recomend the cadillac escalade gauge cluster to everybody it look really nice!! Thanks guys

Old 03-19-2009, 10:50 PM

The Ford dealership believes they may have brought a chevy man over to the blue side. Hey, they may have. That's awesome on their part and I don't blame you if you never do business with that chevy dealership again. I'm glad to hear that you've got your problem taken care of.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:04 AM
TruckForum Addict

What did the Ford dealership charge to reflash your computer? And did you try your Superchips Flashpaq yet? I recommend the exhaust, the the free mods. Then the corvette servo.