Ford Ranger/ Mazda B-Series Discuss the Ford Ranger and it's sister, the Mazda B-series here.

four wheel drive flashing lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 08:53 PM
Default four wheel drive flashing lights

I have a 99 Ford Ranger truck that in the past few weeks has had the problem of not switching into four wheel drive when needed. On the dash board, the four high and four low lights blink at the same time. Sometimes its random and other times it starts as soon as the truck is started. I have looked over the electrical for any nicked wires or anything of that sort. Also the transmission has been flushed and a new batter installed. All fuses are intact. If anyone has any information that could help me it would be much appreacieated. Thanks.

Old 12-28-2019, 04:56 AM
Beginner

Originally Posted by chuc819
I have a 99 Ford Ranger truck that in the past few weeks has had the problem of not switching into four wheel drive when needed. On the dash board, the four high and four low lights blink at the same time. Sometimes its random and other times it starts as soon as the truck is started. I have looked over the electrical for any nicked wires or anything of that sort. Also the transmission has been flushed and a new batter installed. All fuses are intact. If anyone has any information that could help me it would be much appreacieated. Thanks.
flashing lights...
Your 4x4 actuator is either bad or is unplugged... Most likely unplugged... It's on the transfer case guarantee it