Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

RECON Xtreme Light Bar Question/Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Exclamation RECON Xtreme Light Bar Question/Help

I am soo confused!

I installed a RECON Xtreme Tailgate Light Bar on my 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab. I believe I installed it towards the end of January of this year. It worked superb up until a couple of months ago. Here's the problem I had. I went to go to work one morning and noticed that my reverse lights were on, on both the truck and light bar. No other lights were on. I was like, great, I hope the truck starts. It did start needless to say. Took the truck to the dealership and had the service guys look at it. The only thing they could do/find to get everything back to normal was by disconnecting the 12volt supply wire from the aux. post at the fuse box under the hood. Upon them doing that, all factory lights went back to normal, except the tailgate light bar was now off. However, this gets weird, when I click my remote keyless entry/start, the tailgate light bar will light up with the factory lights (ie. brake lights, head lights, and reverse lights) every time that I click the remote (to unlock/lock or start my truck). Mind you, the 12 volt wire has not been reconnected. I have tried and the reverse lights come back on, so I have left it alone. Sorry, forgot to say, I hard wired the RECON Xtreme Tailgate Light Bar to my already existing trailer wirring harness that was properly labeled as to what wire did what. I haven't had time to get under the rear of the truck and trouble shoot yet. Does anybody with electrical genius capabilites or know how, know what is going on? Is it a light bar issue or should I check my wires good? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Don't want to have to get another light bar, but if I must, I must!