Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/)
-   -   Ride of the Month soon! (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/ride-month-soon-6779/)

6mins2live 04-02-2008 12:02 PM

RE: Ride of the Month soon!

I like the idea, but for now Im pretty much stock and Im getting some rust fixed so I would be out until summer. Good idea though. I would like to see it.

1997 chevy 04-02-2008 12:46 PM

urt guys got one rule that i was thinking about and i was asking in that ? if we were going to have a new forum made just for the poll lol my bad i for got the U** in the word forums im prob not going to win but im in

knoxy 04-02-2008 12:53 PM

im definately in for sure! its a wicked idea! hopefully it will bring more people to this site too!

knoxy 04-02-2008 12:54 PM

oh and im just over the 50 post mark! WOOOO HOO!

72charger 04-02-2008 02:12 PM

The post requirement is 25. And I don't care if your truck looks stock. If you wanna participate then by all means. My truck is dang near stock on the outside but there's more to a Ride of the Month than just body mods. How clean it is, how well kept up it is, and how visually appealing it is are all major factors I think.

jcbst12 04-02-2008 02:44 PM

The post requirement is 25. And I don't care if your truck looks stock. If you wanna participate then by all means. My truck is dang near stock on the outside but there's more to a Ride of the Month than just body mods. How clean it is, how well kept up it is, and how visually appealing it is are all major factors I think.
Clean, nope. Well kept, mechanically maybe. Visually appealing, nope. But I bet I can take a pic of it that will look cool. I dunno, maybe.

legacy 04-02-2008 03:01 PM

Should we make it so there is only a certain number of participants per Truck of the Month, or are we just gonna have say 10 trucks running for that month.

72charger 04-02-2008 05:50 PM

I don't know, so far I've only seen 5 people in this thread that are interested. Will probably keep it at like 10 or so but if more people decide they want in, we might have to do some preliminary judging.

EvansBlue 04-02-2008 08:18 PM

Funny you mention ride of the month. We are doing the same thing on the CF. I have won an ROTM on the Blazerforum and if you want to adopt rules like they have I can help you out on that. They have had time to work the bugs out of everything.

I don't think eligibility should be based on amount of posts. We have it on the Blazer forum where you have to have made at least x posts per month for the past x months. In our case 5 posts a month for the last 2 months. That way, no one is nominated that isn't active on the forum. It also encourages growth of the forum by encouraging members to stick around.

1997 chevy 04-02-2008 11:20 PM

i think we need to start this **** soon