Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Ride Quality

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 11:51 PM
Default Ride Quality

I bought a 2006 Silverado WT is there any way to settle the ride down, take some of the bounce out of it? Thank you.

Old 10-09-2006, 01:07 AM
Default RE: Ride Quality

Replacing your shakles in the back with some drop shakles would decrease the amount of bounce in your ride. Of course though ... this would lower it some

Old 11-07-2006, 09:48 AM

I have a 00/z71 that just had a tranny changed due to that DAMN Sun Gear failure. I was given a 06 Silverado as a rental. The ride was totally brutal (I'm sorry). I felt every bump on the FRWY and turning was like a dance; lean to the left, lean to the right, fight fight fight
FIRST -> If you buy the 20"-22" rims with 1"-2" of sidewall and Hotchkin'd the truck w/out air bags, you have nobody to blame but yourself and are in need of full air-ride on all 4 corners.
OK, here are a few ideas. START by loosing the shocks all around and get new KICK *** Edlebrock Ias Performers $65ea which carry a no fine print honest life time warranty; If you want a Caddy like ride after that, add and Airlift air ride system to the rear only. The Air Bags WILL absorb 95% of all RR Track/Pot Hole bounce, I promise you the minimal 10lbs is so unreal and just holds the corners just like having a massive sway bar back there. Plus it boosts your hauling cap by 1000lbs, raising the rear to full level when fully loaded w/just a push of a button; also you have 145psi w/outlets on both sides inside the rear wheelwell to inflate a flat or any river toys as well as run air impact tools - that's BITCHEN.
I looked at the 06 Silverado’s SusPn while I had it for 1 day. GM now uses the **** $29 Bilstiens on all new trucks, worst now than ever. They have truly compromised the ride, for what reason I have no clue. I honestly feel for you guy. I hope this helps. I could not wait to give the rental back, it was just brutal.
I apologize if this seems mean. I am such a GM guy it honestly made me mad. I have been thinking about trading in my 3500 dully since I no longer tow my boat as it is stored in Nevada already. I thought about getting a standard cab, short bed LS. I want to drop it like my 94' was - 4/6 drop w/full air-ride, 245s front, 305s back on some nice correctly offset American racing chrome mags w/tonneu(sp). I had a Vortec on my 94 exCab and this time around it was all about getting a superChgr instead as the Vortec was just crap. I see now that there would be no way I could go without a full air-ride with a shorty/short bed. The shock package I suggested is just awesome and like I stated, a "true life time warranty," no ifs ands or buts. I buy through Performance Products for all my AftMrkt goods that they carry. Their shipping is like days. They are the next best thing to "Traders," where I will have my work done on my 07/08 shorty/short bed. They made my 94' show quality. Kenny is my guy @ 800-752-6268 @ Performance Products.
BUT HOLD ON !@! You also have a GoodGuys Rep here who should be able to offer you any/everything PP offers. If your new to Forums on a whole, trust this; you will get your best deals from the Reps who are active within the Forums, hands down.
I hate it when I have something bad to say about anything GM BUT!@!, the ride was just brutal; change the shocks and you will see a 100% improvement. Don't take anything personal and remember, it's just one guys opinion; hell, my dogs don't even listen to me.
GL
Greek

Old 11-08-2006, 02:51 PM

My 2005 4X4 Z71 Crew Cab rides like a car! Have you checked the tire pressure? Inflate the tires to the pressures listed on the label in the drivers door area.