Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ROTM Idea!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Default ROTM Idea!

What we can do is have each person open a new post and attach his or her truck pics to it. Either that or they can use photobucket or something like that. But I will take the link for each person for ROTM and create a link under their name on the spreadsheet and PM out a spreadsheet with the info and links on it to everyone. Each person can add their name to the list, click on the picture link for all the nominees and type their name to the square of the nominee in the row with their name on it. Then they can PM it back or PM it to 72Charger. We can then have whoever tally the votes and post them by a certain time and date.

See below:

[IMG]local://upfiles/4462/AC8EF795DE1F4A62A0E9F8E307E492C4.gif[/IMG]

Old 04-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Default RE: ROTM Idea!

you lost me...

Old 04-22-2008, 11:29 PM
TruckForum Addict

Yeah basically he wants to do it like your voting for president and then have me count them all up. However I don't have the time nor patiance to do that. I'm gonna have to put a hold on ROTM after this one is finished so that I can get a CORRECT system going. I need to talk to the admin and see how to git er done the right way. So they're won't be a ROTM next month unless otherwise noted.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:42 AM

Well if 72Charger won't do it I can. Hell you can just PM someone your vote for Christ sake you guys are making this out to be a brain buster or something! Bottom line is, if everyone is paranoid about cheating and quick, reliable results, then we need a better system. Anyone can go through and click 20 times on someones name in the poll and they will win, not good.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:26 PM
TruckForum Addict

Well it won't let you vote but once. Atleast as far as I can tell. But I don't have any way to enforce the minimum post to vote rule so anyone can start umpteen different accounts and vote once per account if they so choose. I don't know man. If you are willing to do the system you talking about jcbst12, then I'm all for you man. There are ways to set the site up so that it will only work under the specific rules and guidelines but I am not the admin so not only do I not have power over the site programming, but even if I did, I don't honestly know how to do it. But I'm sure everyone would really appreciate it if you were willing to go through the effort.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:27 PM

hey if u guys need help im perdy good with this crap and i could help out a lil i dont have much time and im not on all the time but i can help with ride of the month and i think if people need to cheat to win then they need to get a live its a web site its not importan if u dont win this time u can try again next time i mean i dropped out but i didnt have time to take pic of my truck and i wasnt planning on winning i didnt even vote for myself
and thats a point i think if u guys can u should make it so we cant vote if we r running in the pollit make it up to the people not up to the people running
no what i mean????
Brandon

Old 04-24-2008, 12:33 PM

one more thing can u make it try in make it so if u want to run u can enter on ur own like u got to sign up for it like the first week of the month and then u have like a week to post pic and den u got almost two weeks to vote or be voted on