Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/)
-   -   Silverado Racing (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/silverado-racing-5138/)

quick02 11-12-2007 08:04 PM

Silverado Racing

Any good racing stories? Hell any good stories you've had with your truck? Done anything crazy with it? Post it here :)

popo 11-12-2007 09:25 PM

RE: Silverado Racing

I raced and smaoked my boss's viper. he never had a chance. We lined up in the parking lot and I got on it! it was like he was standing still.

it probably wasn't fair that it was parked and he wasn't in it tho. I can't even beat my self in this truck!HAHAHAHA

quick02 11-12-2007 09:37 PM

You could murder new V6 Dakotas for one :)

popo 11-12-2007 09:39 PM

I think i could do alright with the mods I've done but the problem is, I can't really find anyone to race like i could in the mustang.

SouthBayZ71 11-12-2007 09:41 PM

1fast4x4 will be here soon :p.

All my stories involve imports with bright, ugly paint jobs, neon ground effect kits, fart-can exhaust and nothing else. They always pull up to me and turn on their hair dryer (rev their ...*cough cough* engine) ....I always have them by the end of the intersection.

Like I mentioned on the other board before ...imagine their faces when they get smoked by a crew cab. lol

Cracker 11-12-2007 09:44 PM

Not my current truck, but....
I have an 87 toyota p/u with an 1984 Camaro 305 and 700R4. I was heading home after working late one night. Two exits from home there is a popular spot for 5-0 to hang out during rush hour. Seeing I was running behind my normal schedule I assumed they were no longer there. At 80 mph in a 65 I discovered I was wrong. My initial response was to let off the gas. Then, looking in my rear view at the lights and dust cloud kicked up by the pursuing officer, I was amazed to see a tractor trailer in the fast lane inadvertently blocking the cruiser from entering the interstate. In a rush of adrenaline and an overwhelming surge of stupidity I floored it. I had +/-100 yards on him when he finally made it to the asphalt. I was traveling 70, he no more than 45. As the motor wound out to 5 grand and I shifted to 3rd at 90 mph I was screaming with excitement or panic, not sure to this day which one it was. I crested the only hill for 5 miles in either direction willing the truck to sprout wings as the officer was just beginning the climb. Half mile to exit. The speedo only reads to 120. I'm still in 3rd gear just past the 120 mark when I recall a valuable piece of information a friend relayed to me only days before, "The 700R4 doesn't have a full throttle upshift for overdrive." If I don't go faster the cop will come over the hill before I make my exit. If I take the next exit, 4 miles away, he will catch me. Backing out of the gas I feel the tranny shift into 4th. For the longest 1/2 mile I have ever driven I played my foot in a grey area of accelerating in 4th and shifting down to third. Somehow I managed to make the exit. The rest of the ride home was through the rear view mirror.
I never had the truck to 138 mph again (based on tire height, final gear, and RPM). With the aerodynamics of a barn door it was stroke of luck that I was running downhill.
Disclaimer - I do not condone the evasion of LEOs!

quick02 11-12-2007 09:46 PM

I bet! They're pissed when they are smoked by mine, an extended cab would really add to that! After I get a new front bumper airdamn and alignment I got a few challenges at work to settle. A 300ZX, a V6 civic, and a VERY modded small civic. I'm favored over the 300 and V6, but it's a toss up with the heavy mod. I won't have the month till I get my new clutch so I'll be getting killed at the dig more than likley but own from 30 rolls on up. Should have video too, hope to do Silverado's proud!

Cracker 11-12-2007 09:47 PM

If you listen closely a WOT/shift/WOT on a ricer with a coffee can sounds alot like a screaming baby. That's the sound of a car loosing.

chevy112488 11-12-2007 09:51 PM

i beat a 5.3 z71 (i mean, i guess i should, but it was a buddy so i to this day have bragging rights), several ricer cars, and a ragged out v6 mustang...

i love pulling up on ricers who are trying to act cool and then absolutely embarassing them in front of their girlfriends...

im in a off-road truck club in my hometown and there's a import car club called "shift_" (nissan commercial anyone?)... anyway, we have an ongoing feud with them and we can beat several of their civics with my truck and my buddies lightly modded 6.0... we're still working on how to beat the engine-swapped integra, supercharged civic, and ultra-modded some kind of honda...

Cracker 11-12-2007 09:52 PM

Let the air out of thier tires.

quick02 11-12-2007 09:54 PM

Lol true! Funny thing with a 4.8 and exaust and a big tranny is the sound. There is some people that think I have a turbo because they hear a whine and what they think is a BOV when I shift from 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to 4th under heavy RPM. Co worker with a stealth was swearing up and down "You ****ing liar you're turbo'd!! If you didn't have that you couldn't do **** pussy." Some co workers that didn't like him, no one likes him. He's the production managers step son, but I don't think HE even likes him. Anyway a few guys say "No we've seen under his hood only the four eight with plenty of room. I always think ricers sound like the mother of all wet farts.

chevy112488 11-12-2007 09:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Cracker

Let the air out of thier tires.
that could work... i was leaning towards a project k5 blazer or similar era truck and dropping the 572 crate in that bitch

72charger 11-12-2007 10:19 PM

Or you could just hook a real longchain up to their car's while they aren't looking and drag them all to some clay pit and push em off.... course if someone did that to my Supra it would become personal. In fact I may go stick my 30-30 in my truck just incase.

chevy112488 11-12-2007 10:26 PM

hahaha yeah sometimes they pull up and ask to race and we recommend we take the race to a field... its still just a friendly rivalry between import tuners and domestic beasts

quick02 11-12-2007 10:56 PM

Sadly I can't do the field thing, not with the current tires atleast.

72charger 11-12-2007 10:56 PM

LOL, yeah tell em you'll race on the nearest dirt road.

quick02 11-12-2007 10:58 PM

Dirt is also fun, they don't think trucks can drift around dirt corners lol! You'll know if it'll be a good race if the guy smiles and says ok.

ito707 11-13-2007 01:06 AM

Has anybody raced any modded colorados??The other nite I pulled up 2 a stop light n this colorado came up next 2 me n started revvin it so I showed him how the v8 barks light turned green floored it tires churped and spun laid rubber in front of his truck n left him at the light.

72charger 11-13-2007 08:00 AM

I have driven the Isuzu p'ups when I worked at the Import dealer. Same thing as the Colorado with the same engines and everything. Those things are gutless. An S-10 with a 4.3 would probably be faster.

jcbst12 11-13-2007 08:14 AM

I'm getting a 92 Celica as a beater this December off my step-dad. It has alot of miles on it but it has a Jasper rebuilt engine bored out and it really runs. (Looks like a chick car tho) Anywho, I should rice it out and have a sticker made for that back window that says something along the lines of "I"d rather be driving my Chevy!". Or "This is the wheel chalk for my Silverado". Speaking of which, someone wanted me to buy their riced out Probe with a wing on it. I told them it needed a sticker on it that said "Flying Butt-Plug"

jcbst12 11-13-2007 08:17 AM

My buddy Ed and I both got our trucks at the same time. His is a 2002 S-10 extreme 4.3, 2wd. Before i did anything to mine we raced and I beat him (I had the jump on him tho but he couldn't pass me). I figured he would have got me good being a little 2wd truck and all.

72charger 11-13-2007 08:29 AM

Hey man, both Celicas and S-10s can be fast.... course the key words thereare "can be". Especially that Celica. If it has been bored out (which I've never heard of anyone doing to a Celica) a few simple mods and you'll be well on your way to a full size chevy beating rice burner. Heck my Supra is dang near stock and I'm confident it would beat my truck in the 1/8 mile. Course my truck would probably kill it in a 30 roll or something like that.... just until I hit the speed governor. (wouldn't it be nice if there were 2 of you so you could race yourself?)

jcbst12 11-13-2007 09:15 AM

Well the bored out thing is a theory, every Jasper rebuild with a certain serial number has been bored. My Nissan had a Jasper rebuild and it was bored (know this after tearing it apart) so my step-dad did some research and apparently it was too. He said its quicker than his last Celica, but it could be just the fresh engine too. I'll find out once I get it. If there was two of me there would be hell to pay on the streets, lol.

Cracker 11-13-2007 07:34 PM

Cars with wings - if they really want them to fly the wings go on the side.
Sticker phrase for ricer - "Powered by 3M"
Every car has the 0-60 and top speed when you crush it and drop it out of a plane.

quick02 11-13-2007 08:50 PM

Lol! Good to know people are having fun with the trucks.

72charger 11-13-2007 10:26 PM

Every car has the 0-60 and top speed when you crush it and drop it out of a plane.
What do you mean about the 0-60 thing?

And my Supra has not been riced out. Actually it's quite nice except for not having a paint job... and the factory rims are a bit ugly. No stickers or bird nest carriers though!:D

quick02 11-13-2007 10:41 PM

ORIGINAL: 72charger

What do you mean about the 0-60 thing?

And my Supra has not been riced out. Actually it's quite nice except for not having a paint job... and the factory rims are a bit ugly. No stickers or bird nest carriers though!:D
I can't help it I love WS.6's, and it has supra's too.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1...5a00297024.htm

72charger 11-13-2007 11:09 PM

There's no denying the power of the F-body. I loved my 95 Z28 and it was definately the fastest car I've owned thus far. Still though, I love my Supra. Plus I don't have to drop 50% of the front clip out just to take the motor out.:D I must admit though, I have thought about mercilessly ripping the I-6 out and throwing a 350 in under the hood. Course I'm not made of money so that'll never happen.

quick02 11-13-2007 11:15 PM

The Ls1 with T56 tranny weighs inn at 650lbs, the RB66 or 26 whatever my roommate keeps talking about weighs in at 1350lbs. No wonder alot of people are throwing LS series power plants in their imports. You should see a 240sx, miata, evo, hell a fiero with one in them.

72charger 11-13-2007 11:26 PM

Your thinking of an RB26 which is a Nissan Skyline engine. And yourcrazy if you think the motor+tranny weighs almost 1,400lbs. Those numbers are definately wrong. I have a 7MGE DOHC Inline 6 cylinder. Same thing the Skyline has except the late year Skylines were all wheel drive and the Supra has always been rear wheel drive with the option of naturally aspirated or turbocharged and some years they offered twin turbos. What's even cooler is my generation came with 4.30 gears in the rear end if it was N/A. Just imagine that plus a well built turbo motor and a good limited slip thrown in the back!

quick02 11-13-2007 11:29 PM

Would be fast for sure, but you can search the engine tranny weights online. You can see, either by the engine from it's website or collected together for a discussion.

chevy112488 11-14-2007 12:32 AM

add a ragged out dodge stealth to the kill list... wtf was he thinking lol

72charger 11-14-2007 07:05 AM

ORIGINAL: chevy112488

add a ragged out dodge stealth to the kill list... wtf was he thinking lol
Huh? Am I missing something?

SouthBayZ71 11-14-2007 09:44 AM

He was talking about the original subject thread ...you know ..the one you hijacked. :p

chevy112488 11-14-2007 11:14 AM

it happens...

Cracker 11-14-2007 11:42 AM

1400 lbs for the entire AWD driveline maybe.

legacy 11-14-2007 04:03 PM

For racing stories, i took my girlfriend out to dinner last nite, and on the way home at about 930, i pulled up to a light that leads onto a 2 lane highway. Well the kid next to me in his honda accord kept looking at me, and i didnt think anything of it, but he took off from the line.So i couldnt be embarrased by that thing, so i stepped on it, and caught up to him. Igave him a look and he started to go, got about even with my truck then all i saw was his headlights from then after.

Red 11-14-2007 04:46 PM

I posted this a week or so ago in the Racing area. I read what LEGACY said and it reminded me of the other night.

"So tonight on my way home from hangin with some friends, some guy in a Sentra kinda cut me off minded my own business. So I pulled to him at the next light, looked over at him and shook my head side to side and smoked his ass. I have a very big third gear, so he gained on me in third. But never had a chance in hell. The lane merges into one and I punched it to 105 (I'm guessing. The truck only reads to 85, but the needle was starting to come back to the other side.) So ya.

Oh and earlier there were 2 different guys that I raced. One was a Mazda 3 or 6, I cant remember. But the guy rode my ass for like 2 miles and I was finally done with that, got over when the red light came up. He moved other to the turn line and then I followed him. He freaked and gassed it to the next light but hit it red and then cut through the gas station to get away. I hit the light green and flew through it and came to the next light that was red. And he was sitting right next to me in the middle line. I let him know I was mad. And when the light turned green, I was gone. But that little Mazda had some guts. Pulled close in my third, but that was about it. Well what I didn't know was that the guy next to him also wanted to race. So after spanking him the other guy wanted some. Lets just say that he went home and I went hard. Damn kids and their ricers. The worst part about the race was that the Mazda had small kids in the back seat. F***in dumb***. Made we want to chase his ass down after he turned to rip him a new one. But ya. It's been kinda a crazy night."

That was kinda a fun night. : ) When I get my new muncie 4 speed "rockcrusher" transmission put in my truck, my third gear will no longer be a problem. I can't wait!

SouthBayZ71 11-14-2007 05:45 PM

People who race w/ rids in their cars should be shot. I won't even considerate it ...even though my oldest is egging me on to smoke them. lol

Red 11-14-2007 05:52 PM

It's one thing when your kids are older like in high school. My dad raced with me in the truck when I was in high school. But never when I was younger. And if I didn't have to be somewhere right then, I would have chased his ass down and let him have it. I hate the ignorance of people sometimes.