Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Silverado Racing

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 09:26 PM
Default RE: Silverado Racing

yeah if you look inthe backround of most of my project pics you can see my patrol car. mot to worry tho. I have been deputy friendly for 3 years and i am assigned to a middle school. I only write ticket when some one hits me with their car or in the school zone when the kids are out. other than that i usually just stop them and write warnings. the ticket prices here are insane! 78.50 non moving and 128 moving those are the base prices too.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:59 PM

So how about the other question I had?

Old 11-15-2007, 10:05 PM
TruckForum Addict

Man speaking of cops! This stupid Sherrif deputy followed me (in my Supra) and my boss riding beside me(on his crotch rocket) all the way from my job to about a block from my house for nothing! I just got off the phone with my boss who was riding behind me and he said as soon as I pulled onto the highway the cop slammed on his brakes and spun around in the highway and flew up behind me like some maniac when I wasn't speeding or anything. Not to mention he was tailgating me for atleast a mile. It seems like the cops around here just like to pick on anyone driving a rice burner cause they automatically assume it's some punk 16yr old kid looking for a race. In the year I owned my Z28 I only got followed twice. My truck is loud as heck and I'm usually doing 5-10mph over and I never even get looks from cops. I've passed cops doing like 15 over in my truck and never even got a warning!!!!!![sm=icon_flaming.gif]

Old 11-15-2007, 10:07 PM

Yea that highway patrol thing I said I dnt really believe it but it would make sense though 100mph is way too fast for a pursuit especially in busy Bay Area freeways.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:09 PM

well i just got my truck and the only thing vehicle i have raced is a 06 f 150....first time was a rolling start and he had about maybe 6 or feet head start and i i floored it and i smoked him....next was at a light and that was just no comp.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:15 PM

Nice man, yeah ford should have dumped the triton years ago, although I'm glad they haven't.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:17 PM

yeah it was a good feeling....esspecially when its your friend....cuz now all i get to do is brag!! i know its fast but i want it faster....any ideas...that are worth it?

Old 11-15-2007, 10:24 PM

What truck ya got?

Old 11-15-2007, 10:26 PM

ORIGINAL: ito707

Yea that highway patrol thing I said I dnt really believe it but it would make sense though 100mph is way too fast for a pursuit especially in busy Bay Area freeways.
in busy traffic it has to be a serious felony for a chase but in the middle of the night with no traffic, it game on. my fastest was 130 mph for about 5 miles. they stopped only because i called the truckers on my CB and asked them to block the road for me.

as for the *** that was tailing your supra, he was probably runnig your tag and looking for an excuse to pull you. on the other hand we get tons of calls from citizens who give a general description of a car and claim that person was racing. so we have to respond and 9 times out of 10 even if the cars were doing something wrong they have since stopped and are now obeying the law. there is so much that regular citizens don't know about what law enforcement does.+ around here we have so many q-tips (old people) if you so much as rev your engine in traffic they call in on you andsay you are racing.

but not to preach......there are a bunch of cops that are pure *** holes that get the attention of the public and make the rest of us look bad.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:27 PM

07 silverado ext cab classic. 5.3 2wd ummmm yeah

Quick Reply: Silverado Racing