Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Simulate “4 pushes” of dome override (to disable auto headlights + DRL)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Default Simulate “4 pushes” of dome override (to disable auto headlights + DRL)

I know I can bypass the light sensor to disable to the auto headlights. But, I’m wondering if there’s any way to simulate pushing the dome override switch 4 times to turn off both the auto headlights and the DRLs. I’m tired of doing this manually every time!

I imagine this is a BCM function. Any thoughts about this?

Is there a wiring diagram available online anywhere that might help?

Thanks

Old 01-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Default RE: Simulate “4 pushes” of dome override (to disable auto headlights + DRL)

TTT

[sm=feedback.gif]

Old 01-17-2009, 04:30 PM
General Truck/Classifieds Forum Moderator
Default RE: Simulate “4 pushes” of dome override (to disable auto headlights + DRL)

my guess is no way to do this with out reprograming the bcm but if you put a switch "inline" with the drl module power and the autolight sensor power.......switch on everything works like normal.........switch off drl and autolights disabled this is the easeist and least amount of wiring to do let me know and i can draw you a diagram

Old 01-19-2009, 02:32 PM

Thanks. Since the “input” is the light sensor, doesn’t that mean that it needs to have low resistance such that the auto-headlights are off? How could I add a switch (wouldn’t the switch in the off position just ensure the auto headlight feature is on)?

If you have some thoughts and a wiring diagram, I’d like to see it!

Old 01-20-2009, 08:03 AM

yeah I can get that together for you it might take a day or two but i will get to work on it
what year is your truck? maybe I can even give you wire colors too

Old 01-20-2009, 10:16 AM

Here try this...sounds easy and seems to be a very knowledgable post and talks about putting in a switch at the end

Locate the white and gray wires (A4 and A6). I don't remember if white is A4 and gray is A6 or vice versa. It doesn't matter anyway. BTW - there are two gray wires in the connector. The one you want is the one farthest away from the white wire.

Tap the gray wire from the plug (C3) to one end of the resistor and the white wire to the other end. You don't need to cut the wires. Make sure you tape up all wires to prevent a short. You should now have a gray wire coming from C3 tapped to one lead of the resistor and the white wire from C3 tapped to the other resistor lead *. Plug C3 back into the BCM. Start the truck and make sure the lights are off. Throw a dark towel or something over the light sensor on the dash and verify the lights stay off. Try your light switch that has probably never been used and that's it! Takes about 5 minutes.

*You can add a switch here if you want. Just connect one end of the resistor to one of the wires in the connector (doesn't matter which one) and the other end of the resistor to one side of the switch. Then connect a wire from the other side of the switch to the other wire in the connector. This will allow you to turn Twilight Mode on and off. I found this here: http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/...ture-auto.html

Old 01-20-2009, 02:36 PM

ORIGINAL: chrisbmo2000

Here try this...sounds easy and seems to be a very knowledgable post and talks about putting in a switch at the end
<snip>
I found this here: http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/...ture-auto.html
Thanks for the link chrisbmo2000 this is the easiest I've seen. Mine's a 2002 so it should be similar to the 99 the link references.