Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Sirius Installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Default Sirius Installed!!!

Guys and Girls, if you don't have Sirius/XM yet, I highly recommend it. Regular radio here in Vegas is pretty good but man o man, Sirius is the way to go.

Here's how I did mine:

Ran the antenna wiring under rear cargo light gasket along existing wiring (think I'm gonna dab silicone sealer around the gasket - it doesn't rain much here but I gotta wash up there SOMETIME ).

Name:  siriusantenna.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  30.8 KB

Then on the inside, I went over the windows on the driver side, pulling the trim away slightly to get it tucked up under - you don't have to unclip the trim, the wire is very thin and should just push right under the edges. I went down the front pillar to the kick panel, under the carpet, and behind the pedals.

I mounted the self-adhesive radio bracket under the dash in front of the power receptacles. You can also drill it and mount it permanently but I wanted to see how the sticky works.

The mount swivels and I can reach it without bending way over. I got the radio without a remote - I'm cheap that way - but if you splurge it's probably safer.

Anyway, I dig it. You can also opt for online streaming music - Slipknot playing right now [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 02-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Default RE: Sirius Installed!!!

Awesome man.I'm cheap too lol I have the cheapest Sirius radio I could find but I used the screws to mount it.Sometimes things get a little crazy in the truck and I don't like knocking things loose.Have the Sirius there in the lower middle,to the right is my galaxy 959 DX CB peaked and tuned with a Road King 56 mic and above that is my Sony CD player.That's a God send compared to the factory radio.I have to find an adapter or something because the factory antenna plug is very small compared to the plug reciever in the back of my CD player. =]

Old 02-13-2009, 10:11 PM

I have it too. I installed the wiring up to the hood next to the windshield. I love it, I love nascar so I got the extra package where I can hear drivers talk and whatnot. I'll take some pics tomorrow when its light out.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:17 PM

Now, I wonder what happens when Sirius goes bankrupt?

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/200902...ius_bankruptcy

Old 02-14-2009, 05:25 PM
General Truck/Classifieds Forum Moderator

alittle out of tune there arent you cinch_rodeochannel 19 is 27.185

Old 02-14-2009, 05:37 PM

Yeah it happens.Prolly bumped the clarifier **** or something.Good lookin out lol

Old 02-14-2009, 07:24 PM

Re: bankrupt - a buyout/hostile takeover is more likely to happen. The guy trying to collect the most debt is CEO of DishNetwork. I gotta think he'd LOVE that kinda control. Gotta expect Howard Stern to be lookin for a new job, tho...

Old 03-09-2009, 02:47 PM

Have had Sirius in my truck & boat for the past 4 years. My sub expires this coming November. Sirius is trying to get me to renew now so I can keep "free" internet listening until the end of the new sub.

Sirius, which apparently has never turned a profit, is 3.25 billion in debt and 175 million of that was due at the end of February. Something is supposed to happen this May, good or bad, don't know.

For me, I will run with my current sub and pay the extra $2.99/month for internet listening and watch for the outcome. I hope it is a good one, as I only listen to Sirius (can't stand the commercials on terrestrial radio).