Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Tell us what you did to your truck today...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Administrator

I just installed a set of Eagle Eye LED tail lites on my 07.5 Silverado 2500HD
I luv the look.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:28 PM
TruckForum Addict

Backflushed my heater core today. When it was cold, I'd hear a whooshing sound from the core, I wouldn't have heat until the truck was at operating temperature (which even then, it was just lame - could hardly melt the ice off of my windshield).

I basically did exactly what this guy did here:

Use my air compressor to back flush (flush backwards :P) my heater core, then filled up the heater core with Prestone radiator flushe. I let it set for a while, then came back and blew that out again with my air compressor, then flushed it out again with my garden hose. I sprayed it again with the air compressor, and filled 'er up with coolant and reconnected everything. I now have face melting hot heat

I also fixed my overflow bottle. The cap couldn't breathe, the hose going to the bottle was plugged up too.

All that work took a few degrees off of operating temperature I love my old rusty truck.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

I found a deal on some HD wheels and got them put on today...

Old 03-21-2012, 08:16 PM
TruckForum Addict

Turns out exactly 31 tires fit perfectly in the back of my 8ft box with the topper on. Who would've guessed

Old 03-22-2012, 07:50 AM
Administrator

My new Eagle Eye LED tail lites on my 07 Silverado

Old 04-11-2012, 08:10 AM
Beginner

I bought my truck

Old 04-12-2012, 06:48 AM
Beginner

I've been doing several minor things to my new to me 1999 Z71 extended cab. Flushed the heater core, changed out many burned out bulbs and the fuse to the horn. Replaced the in door speakers, changed the oil and filter and discovered that the muffler is a Flowmaster. I thought the duals sounded good now they sound even better. This week I replaced the compresser and accumalator. Now I've got the cool and the heat as needed. I really have enjoyed this new used truck. There are still some more things to be done as time and money allow. There is nothing like getting to know your truck by using it and working on it.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:36 AM
Beginner
Default 2500hd

Just put a mopac muffler on my truck.dual. inlet /single outlet.Super throaty and nice sounding when my CAI kicks in

Old 04-15-2012, 07:32 PM
Beginner
Default More Fun with My Z Seventy One

Replaced the A/C compresser, accum.and recharged system after pulling a vaccuum. Now it is cool in my truck.
I had done the heater core back flush and replaced the fresh air filters to get some heat right after I got the truck in Oct. of last year.
Found another PF9 mag for a spare and now have all wheels matching.
I have to chain and lock the spare in the bed because the tire won't fit in between the dual exhaust. I figure that is why there was no spare with the truck when I bought it. Now I need to figure out another way to mount the spare in the bed.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:28 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default washed my truck

washed my truck cleaned out the inside while washing my truck i seem to find more and more rock chips and touch up paint that i didnt notice before i guess thats what i get for buyin a used 2500 hd that was a plow truck with a sander oh well ive got a plan for the rock chips and touch up paint ill just rhino line the rockers all the way around then i wont have to look at em anymore

Quick Reply: Tell us what you did to your truck today...