Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Tell us what you did to your truck today...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 08:46 PM
TruckForum Addict

Burped the cooling system, checked and added about a quart of transmission fluid (works much better now), swapped fuel injectors with the ones out of my 91 firebird (made no difference), checked 6 out of 8 spark plugs for signs of leakage or burning foreign substances (oil, coolant, etc), checked base timing, inspected and replaced PCV valve.

All of this leads up to me believing that my fuel pump is dieing. Plugs showed signs of running lean, as per the picture on the back cover of my Haynes manual.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:03 AM

installed SPECTER cold air kit, Headers, New Hi flow Catalytic converters. Custom dual exhaust. Brakes front and rear. getting ready for winter driving.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:17 PM
Beginner
Talking Tool box Led's

Well guys last night i got bored as hell around midnight. So i went to my local walmart and bought some wiring and 3m quick connects. I got back home pulled my silverado in the garage and removed the hack job wiring that was in my tool box from the last guy for the led wiring. So i rewired everything to my specs and let me tell you its not easy with 2 garage cats rubbing all over you wile your trying to wire something up lol. So i taped into the towing package the brown wire for the running lights and the fat white wire for the ground. The finished product is amazing i even tossed in a 25 amp fuse for extra precautions. Dont want my baby to burn to the ground although the leds only pull 2.2 volts. I uploaded pics day and night so you can see. Hope everyone likes what i did...

Attached Thumbnails Tell us what you did to your truck today...-led-tool-box1.jpg   Tell us what you did to your truck today...-led-tool-box2.jpg  
Old 01-01-2012, 05:18 PM
TruckForum Addict

im liking the led toolbox when i get my new truck once my tax returns get here i will be doing the same

Old 01-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Beginner

Originally Posted by cubpak89
im liking the led toolbox when i get my new truck once my tax returns get here i will be doing the same
Cubpak89,

Dude its bad *** because last night my fiance has not seen it yet and she got in the truck last night she said where is that yellow light coming from on the ground. So when we came to a stop she got out and said what the hell did you do now? My reply was I made the truck even better so ppl can see me and if they hit me its cause they got blinded by the LIGHT lol. So all in all she loved it and i had to mount my whips with some el cheapo brackets from TSC but they work for now there really thin and might bend at hwy speeds.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:14 PM
TruckForum Addict

Originally Posted by 02Z71CP
Cubpak89,

Dude its bad *** because last night my fiance has not seen it yet and she got in the truck last night she said where is that yellow light coming from on the ground. So when we came to a stop she got out and said what the hell did you do now? My reply was I made the truck even better so ppl can see me and if they hit me its cause they got blinded by the LIGHT lol. So all in all she loved it and i had to mount my whips with some el cheapo brackets from TSC but they work for now there really thin and might bend at hwy speeds.
lol i have reflectors on my tool ox know but thats not enaugh i work construction so i would put them in so when im trailering at night or parked loading i can bee seeen easier plus they just look cool
i got my firestick mounts from a truck stop there pretty thick metal and i also got the spring attatchment so that on the highway the spring will take most of the tension and movement also on the trail it will save your sticks lol

Old 01-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Beginner

Replaced alternator, belt, idler pulley, pitman arm, idler arm, p/s pressure line, radiator cap and license plate lights. Installed Belltech 2" drop shackles.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Senior Site Administrator

today I took my truck for a 3 hour drive up to North Jersey. It was the first trip since I had the truck fixed (a thousand dollars..*vomit*). I had the passenger side hub assembly replaced, the MAF cleaned and the rear brake drums cut and new shoes/springs, etc put in. She ran like a champ and rode like the day I got her again. I suspect the hub was going for quite some time..now time to start saving for the drivers side...

Old 01-04-2012, 07:59 AM
Administrator

Was the passenger side hub assembly THAT expensive ???

Old 01-12-2012, 09:02 PM
Beginner

Rebuilt the front diff in my truck last nite only to discover this morning that my rear diff needs to be done and I think my transfer case is very unhappy as well. Thank god for parts trucks!! P.S. and yes I am still smiling.

Quick Reply: Tell us what you did to your truck today...