Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tell us what you did to your truck today...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 11:54 PM

I put a few stickers in my back window, and then used the truck to haul some concrete. Wasn't really thinking about the weight as I proceeded to stack bags of concrete all the way to the top of the sides of the bed, all the way from front to rear. ended up just a little over loaded, but that old 5.3 pulled that 3400lb load like it wasn't even there.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:55 PM

Pic of the sticker.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mukilteo
There was a lot of dings in the nose and the left door took some work. The owner of the paint shop owed me a favor, so he gave me a good deal. Primer, base coat, four coats metalflake tint and four coats of clear.
Very nice!
Wish I still had my body shop friends in the area. Would like to repaint my crewcab, the black just doesn't shine like it should anymore and has the same ding/dents going on. Would like the new GM black granite metallic and a 2" cowl hood.

Other note, put new tires on my Blazer yesterday.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:57 PM
TruckForum Addict

Shampooed my carpet yesterday. Earlier in the week I dumped a large burger king coke on the floor ... didn't have time/resources to sop it up, so it just soaked in an dried there. But the turtle wax shampoo stuff I used pulled up more than just the soda stain, so the carpet looks better than before. Plus I cleaned off my Chevy floor mats in the wash tub with some dish soap and a scrub brush.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:37 AM
Default My 88 turned 69

My '88 K1500 turned 69,000 miles and to celibrate I ordered a Holly TBI intake, Summit distributor, and midlength headers to fit into an improved (larger) Y-pipe feeding the catless 3 inch exhaust to the back.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:07 PM
Beginner

Went and bought subs, new mudflaps, bumper, and cab lights for my '99 1500
All in all, it was a very expensive day lol

Old 01-25-2013, 03:32 PM

I found 11 stock 17" rims for my truck in the transfer site

Old 02-14-2013, 12:47 PM

Actually been over the last several days, but i took the truck up into the mountians (I'll post some pics here soon) and did somme good off roading. I managed to break one of the snap off that small plastic piece that goes along the bottom of the bumper on my 2001 Sierra. My buddy got his 2001 Lifted Sierra stuck and trying to pull him out the strap broke knocking the windshield out of him truck, and the back window out of my other bubbys 05 Duramax.

Anyway, so after that, I too that small plastic piece off, rewired all my aux lights, added more on the roof, put real HID in everything, changed the oil, put my back rack on, with extra tail/brake lights, and a set of 4" reverse lights hooded to my cargo light switch. Changed all the oils, and geting ready to put new tires on it today

Old 02-19-2013, 02:10 AM
Default Winched Out F 250 Diesel

Last weekend I was coming home and discovered that some idiot decided that "Four-wheeling" means driving through the grassy strip at the entrance to our development. He sunk up to his axles in mud and was jammed on top of and surrounded by a bunch of two man rock that we had put there to keep idiots from taking their trucks through there.
The cops gave him a ticket and I would have let him pay a tow truck but he was Navy and i have a soft spot for my fellow vets or those that are still serving. So, I ran a single-line pull off the 9000 lbs front winch of my k1500 shorty to his F250 longbox; I'm guessing that he was a ton more than me but out he came and my Chevy came through again!

Last edited by Mukilteo; 02-19-2013 at 02:12 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:30 AM
Default Installed Holley TBI Intake, Bad Scene

A couple of days ago I installed the Holley TBI Intake manifold that Jegs lists as fitting my 1988 350 TBI and Holley calls a TBI manifold but if you ask them they will tell you that it isn't intended for the TBI engine at all, but for their ProInjection system that they expect you to install, I suppose after you rip out the factory TBI system.
I had to grind a few tenths off the front so that it would clear the accessories bracket on the front of the block. Once you do that it fits fairly well.
Then ya got to stretch your fuel lines so they take up the difference in the rise of the manifolds, which they will do but you will notice that they rest p against the back corner of the deck, so you will want to grind that down a bit, too.
After that, you may want to bolt things on and the good part is that you get to eliminate that @#$&* heater connection and special hose and just install a 3/4 inch nipple and @ 3 feet of 3/4 inch heater hose. A lot of the original brackets won't fit back on but I don't use a/c so the load is a lot less and I only use the tensioner to gooseneck support and the alternator to exhaust manifold bracket. Sooner or later I will install an a/c smog pump eliminator kit.
Finally and most important, you need to rework the accelerator/cruise control/TV Cable bracket. It is critical that it is in exactly the right place so the cables don't bind and the TV cable is as tight as a guitar string at WOT. I found that if you take the back two tabs on the factory bracket and bend them 90 degrees the front tab will be against the platum, the middle tab (bent 90 degrees) will fit the hole in the intake manifold, and the back tab sits on top of a casting that may be drilled for a second bracket bolt hole. This will make the factory bracket fit fairly stiffly.

I communicated with the Holley Rep on FB and frankly I decided at that point to never purchase another Holley product because he just didn't give a duck and that was that. I noticed that there is no corporate eMail address, and while I would normally write a letter, I'm just done with them.

Quick Reply: Tell us what you did to your truck today...