Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thinking about buying a new truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 06:38 PM
Default RE: thinking about buying a new truck

yeah but what sucks about that is that you have to drive a dodge. and yeah i get what your saying about the PPE tune and the tranny, personally i wouldnt do it like you said for the money reasons but if your really into it its pretty damn cool. especially to roll black smoke out on people in bus stops and the side of the road and ****

Old 09-26-2008, 09:22 AM
Default RE: thinking about buying a new truck

Yeah, all in all I go for the best bang for the $$$. But it sounds cool as hell. It would frustrate the sh*t out of me to have a module capable of major HP and Torque and not be able to use it to its full potential for fear it will blow apart the drivetrain! I would HAVE to spend money I didn't have on beefing the truck up cause I would be itching to crank it up. Lol.

Oh and think about this before buying a Dodge....

1. They have electrical problems out the ***, and after the warranty is up, your going to shell out major cash to keep the windows, radio, door locks, instrument panel, and heater-A/C controls working. So money saved would be money spent after warranty is up.
2. After the $2.99 a gallon deal is over for you, diesel will most likely be around $6 or more per gallon and be crappy is hell to meet pollution standards.
3. Transmissions aren't the best, so if you get a Dodge get a 6 speed. Otherwise save your cash for a rebuild down the road.
4. The Ram, especially the HD, 2500, 3500 and so on, are no where near as comfortable and smooth as a Chevy or Ford. (yes even the Fords ride nice, but they have no speed to them).