Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

throttle body spacer

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Default RE: throttle body spacer

Another question on the trans dapt torque curve. Do i replace that with the throttle body thats on there now or add it to it? Will it affect the MAF sensor? Will it set off any codes? I just checked the gas mileage the last tank full and it shocked me. I been getting right around 14.8 - 15.5 MPG, combined driving, but more in town driving. This time i got 17 MPG, and i took 1 ride about 50 miles round trip, the rest were around town and 55 MPH highway driving. I went about 270 miles and used 16.2 gallons. Would it be a good investment or not? I tow an 18'boat during the summer months, and if i get my way, i'll have a catback system 1 into 2 before next summer. Oh yeah, my truck is an '03 Silverado 4x4 with the 4.8L. Is the Trans Dapt a direct bolt on? Whats involved in installing it? I'm just very leary on performance add ons, as i don't want to mess anything up. Fill me in on whats what and i'll go from there, thanx guys, Jim

Old 08-29-2007, 04:51 PM

It goes between your intake and throttle body, will not hurt anything, and you may have some linkage adapters to put on. The kit should have the adapter with it. Mine is good, better throttle response, slight milage increase, and dropped 1.5 sec off my 0-60, but I also have a really free exhaust.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:06 PM

So let me see if this is right;
Torque Curve = whistle but more gain
Smooth Bore= silent but not as much of a gain

Is that right or wrong? Which one is actually better?

Old 08-29-2007, 05:30 PM

Some one said they saw the dyno results and the Smooth Bore was about 2hp more then the Torquecurve, it was said awhile back.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:38 PM

the smooth bore is supposed to get you more horsepower, the torque curve is supposed to give you some horsepower and some midrange torque... thats the way i understood it anyway...

and btw its definitely the best bang for the buck besides the free mods that i've found

Old 08-29-2007, 06:15 PM

Whats the best website to buy them at? JC Whitney has them for around $50. Is that a pretty good price you think?

Old 08-29-2007, 07:57 PM

yea good price, you could look at summit to. mine didnt come with a linkage adapter so i took a trip to the hardware store and bought a bolt and spacer to put under the linkages hopefully this will correct it. but there is deffinately a lot more mid range power now, and less sluggish.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:17 PM

The only difference I have found between smooth or curved is whistle or no whistle. The power is amazing for such a cheap price though. I don't mean it will knock your socks off, but for $50, next to my tune it has been the best. I also have the smooth bore.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:14 PM
TruckForum Addict

On Summit Racing, they listed the actualTrans Daptadvertisment for the two different spacers. The smooth bore is actually the whistler and produces less gain than the torque curve which makes no whistel at all and makes the best gains. I bought the Torque Curve for my truck and I'm quite impressed for the money. It was $63 on Summit after shipping and handleing charges and that was the cheapest I found. Plus it was sent to me from Montgomery which is only 3 hours away, LOL! Definitely get the Torque Curve and good luck!

By the way I haven't noticed any mpg change with mine, buta lot more power.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:51 PM

I had a slight increase in milage, but throttle response was the big gain.

Quick Reply: throttle body spacer