Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Default tires

i need to know what the bigest tires size i can put on my 94 gmc sierra 2500 without a lift and i was told scchevylover knows alot? also, how many more mpg do you think i can get with a cold air intake?

Old 05-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Default RE: tires

also, can i install a skid plate without a lift kit?

Old 05-09-2007, 05:20 PM

33's are going to be about the max you can go. You can put a little bigger, possibly 34" but you run the risk of rubbing. What size are you wanting to put on?

I'm not familiar with how many mpg you would increase with a CAI on the 454. I'm sure it would improve, but I can't give you an exact figure.

You most certainly can install a skid plate without a lift. It is a very simple install. I have a Rancho suspension lift kit and a rancho skid plate and I love it. Here is a link where you will find some Rancho skid plates for your truck. Scroll down the website and you'll see your year. Skid plates aren't cheap, around 350, but they do look nice and offer protection for your under carriage.
http://www.autopartsauthority.com/ap...ize~parts.html

I'm sorry I couldn't help you more with the air intake/mpg question, but I'll do some research and see if I can answer your question in more depth. If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask on this section. There is a lot of knowledge in this chevy forum.

Old 05-10-2007, 12:35 PM

hey thanks alot. im looking for 32's or 33's. so u think i can get 33's without a lift? thats good, and its ok about the CAI, i was just curious. and that site you gave was good too. i found what i want. thanks alot

Old 05-10-2007, 04:22 PM

No problem at all, glad I could help. You will have no problem whatsoever getting 33's on your truck. Good luck

Old 05-15-2007, 04:28 PM

whats the best tires? and also whatwheel size?

Old 05-15-2007, 06:42 PM

Best tires really depends on what you plan to do with it. You can go from great street performance to great offroad performance. I like the Kuhmo AT as the are good all around, not too loud on the highway, and one of the less expensive. They also last forever. What kind of driving are you planning on?

Old 05-15-2007, 10:45 PM

If you are looking for a really decent offroad tire that will last you for a while and shouldn't kill you too bad check out the Pro comp X-Terrain. Any 4wheel parts carry's them and if you are looking to buy all 4 at once if you can wait it out for a little bit you can usually get a buy 3 get 1 free deal on them. I had these on my Ranger and loved the hell out of them. You can never go wrong with a BF Goodrich A/T. I had the Mud Terrains as well and wished I had gone with the A/T's instead. Good luck man.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:44 AM

I agree with all of this. It really depends on what type of driving you want to do. My suggestion is, if you are going to be doing a lot of highway driving along with off-roading, stay away from a soft tread like Superswampers. I had a set of Thornebirds on my 95 Z-71 and all though they were AMAZING off-road, the highway ate those tires to pieces. Just look for an all round solid tire that is going to give you performance you desire.

Old 05-16-2007, 11:52 AM

i have to agree with 07 bf goodrich A/Ts are probably the best all around tire ive seen they seem to last forever and have great tread and work well in mud.

Quick Reply: tires