Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Default RE: tires

Anyone ever heard of "Capital" Radial A/T tires? Thats what they put on my truck where i bought it. It needed tires so itold themif they put 4 new tires on it, i'd buy it. Those were the tires. They have a nice deep tread and quiet on the road, seem ok so far, just never heard of them. They said they're like $100.00 each. I asked them if they'd put "Yokohama's" on it but they said no. I had Yokohamas on my Dodge Ram and loved them and they're inexpensive too. I think they were like $500.00 mounted and balanced. They were 265x75Rx16's, and i believe they were 4 or 6 ply. Please let me know about the Capital tires, Thanx, Jim

Old 05-16-2007, 07:23 PM

pretty decent tires there. you wont be able to put a big load on them since theyre more of a passenger tire, usually see them on SUVs but other then that theyre pretty good. next time you get tires make sure theyre LT tires so that they have minimum of 6 plys to them.[sm=signs003.gif]

Old 05-16-2007, 07:52 PM

Thanx stopspazinout, as i recall, the Yokohama's were an LT tire, and when i need new tires, which shouldn't be for 4 yrs or so, i'll go back to Yokohama's again. I don't haul alot of heavy things in the bed of my truck so i should be ok with the Capitals. I remember when i had the Dodge Ram, i had a ton of loam on it, but only had to go about a mile, but the front end was VERY light. thanx again, Jim