Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

V6 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Default V6 Questions

hey guys whats up???

i'm looking for a forged rotating assembly for a 4.3L v6...if any one knows where i can get one that would be great...the readon i ask this is cuz i have a beater 88 c1500 5sp v6 truck that i slapped a garrett t3/t4 turbo and intercooler on..ran great at 8 psi but i got greedy....i cranked the regulator all the way in and the boost guage hit 27psi and the motor spun to 7000+ rpm and needless to say its no longer running....so now im hooked on making this v6 truck outperform all these v8 trucks in my area and i wanna build a motor that can handle what i throw at it.

and yes it was fast the 15 minutes it lasted

Old 04-20-2007, 04:03 AM
Default RE: V6 Questions

where did u get the turbo kit at man?? ive been lookin around for a kit (or a kit that can be adapted to) my 2003 4.3>> any help with that will be awesome>> to answer ur question... i was lookin around at www.summitracing.com and they sell pistons and all that neat stuff for the 4.3 ( i think they go from the 262-265 ci engines so make sure u know what ci yours is)... i agree..even tho V8's are the way to go there's somethin about a V6 stompin some V8s into the ground even better

Old 04-20-2007, 11:01 PM

i made the kit myself. i got the turbo off a volvo big truck at the junkyard for 150 bucksalong with most of the plumbing. then i ordered a fuel management unit that cost me 80 bucks thatincreases fuel pressure on a 1:1 ratio with boost pressure, and i bought a guage,boost regulator, intercooler, blowoff valve and wastegate from a kid that lives near me for 500 bucks and spent about two weeks installing it and talking to people to learn how that **** works. problem was that the motor had 225000 miles on it so i didnt plan on it lasting that long. and in regard to your turbo kit question i would chech out those STS turbo kits heard good things bout them

Old 04-21-2007, 04:17 AM

ORIGINAL: shaved88

i made the kit myself.
Thats awesome! If my welding/fabricating skills were better, I'd have a TT setup on my SBC! My camaro could be force fed some air, if I knew how to do it all, for about $1,500 bucks.

In regards to your 4.3 query, did you know that a 4.3 V6 is essentially a 350 SB minus 2 cylinders? The pistons are interchangeable from the 4.3 to the 5.7! Iknow you can get a forged rotating assembly from companies like speed-o-motive: http://www.speedomotive.com/ps-25-8-...crank-kit.aspx

STS makes a forged piston: (or you could get numerous other brands from companies such as summit or jegs)
http://www.stsperformance.com/43performance.htm

I'd highly recommend you check out some Syclone/Typhoon forums. Those came with the 4.3L V6, so I'm sure there is an immense amount of wisdom to be acquired over there!

Best of luck!!!

Old 04-21-2007, 06:45 PM

thanks ill post some pics when i get there

Old 04-26-2007, 09:59 PM
TruckForum Addict

Hot Rod Magazine did a buildup of a 4.3. Put out 300 hp N/A and over 500 hp with a blower. I'm sure the bottom end wasn't stock. You can look it up on the website. It's under tech...