Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Very weird problem, dome lights turn dash off, some interior lights not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 06:36 AM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

Let us know what they find. I wouldn't mention what you did.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:10 AM

No not at all hahah. I'm gonna tell them it just happened. Let them figure it out. Can't see how the LED's created such a mess. I work on cars, not as much as I used to but still try to as much as possible, so I'm careful with my work. Can't see how this happened. I'm not even 100% sure if I created this problem with the lights, because owning the truck for only 2 months so far I don't think I've ever used the map lights yet, but I do know those AC lights were working.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:29 PM
brc
Beginner

Originally Posted by dimmuborgir6nik6
No not at all hahah. I'm gonna tell them it just happened. Let them figure it out. Can't see how the LED's created such a mess. I work on cars, not as much as I used to but still try to as much as possible, so I'm careful with my work. Can't see how this happened. I'm not even 100% sure if I created this problem with the lights, because owning the truck for only 2 months so far I don't think I've ever used the map lights yet, but I do know those AC lights were working.
what was the final outcome. i got a 2012 and its doing the same thing..

Old 01-07-2012, 10:30 PM
brc
Beginner

i have a 2012 2500hd doing the same thing. what happened with your truck

Old 02-17-2012, 08:42 AM
Beginner

I had this same problem on my 2010 when I slipped and grounded out one of the contacts.... Solution is simple! Found a blown fuse in the panel on the drivers side.... can't remember which one it was, but it was in that panel. Replaced it and all went back to normal!

Hope this helps everyone with this issue, it baffled me for a couple hours thinking I fried the computer!

Old 04-07-2016, 09:21 PM
Beginner
Default Map light button shuts off dash lights

I literally just did this same thing on my 2008 Silverado I went to swap out the stock map lights for green leds which didn't fit so I put the originals back in and now my climate control lights are out and I know they weren't before and whenever I press the button for the left map light all my gauge lights go out what is this? Did you ever find out was it a fuse? I did make sparks at one point putting the led in?

Old 08-29-2016, 11:15 AM
Beginner

I know this is a few months ago but the same exact problem on my 2008 Silverado also. Did you happen to find out the problem? I checked all the fuses and are good, I did pull down the map light assembly and found 1 bare wire with some kind of foil wrapped around it. Does anyone have a clue what that's about?

Old 08-29-2016, 09:41 PM
Beginner

Hate to be a bother but is there anyone who could walk me through making a post? If you can that would be awesome

Old 08-30-2016, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by lacrossedude87
Hate to be a bother but is there anyone who could walk me through making a post? If you can that would be awesome
Just go back to the index of these threads and look down on the left bottom. You'll see a button "New thread". Select it and type away. Good luck.

Old 09-22-2016, 01:30 PM
Beginner
Cool

Yep, bought it a few months ago. Bringing it back to the dealer to let them take a look at it, but they're booked until the end of the week.

hey dimmuborgir6nik6 did you ever find out what the problem was?
I'm having the same issue on my 08 and its driving me crazy, I checked for bad ground and fuses but no luck. any help please

Quick Reply: Very weird problem, dome lights turn dash off, some interior lights not working