Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Water Under Entire Floor 2007 Silverado

Old 08-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Beginner
Exclamation Water Under Entire Floor 2007 Silverado

2007 3/4 ton Silverado (New body) Ext cab 8' bed 6.0 Vortec

So, I've had a bad smell coming from the truck since spring started (bought the truck in February) I've cleaned it top to bottom and couldn't get rid of it. Eventually noticed it only happens when it rains, and started looking around and found the padding under the floor is SOAKED. I have checked this from all easily accessable parts of the truck on all sides (Driver, Passenger, Front, And Back) Worst part is, it has rubber flooring (Which I hate) so it retains the water even better. I already have to go tear the inside of the truck apart and dry it out today, was wondering if anyone has suggestions on things to look at for leaks, and possible fixes to them.

Thanks
Nick

Old 08-09-2013, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by nalatkowski
2007 3/4 ton Silverado (New body) Ext cab 8' bed 6.0 Vortec

So, I've had a bad smell coming from the truck since spring started (bought the truck in February) I've cleaned it top to bottom and couldn't get rid of it. Eventually noticed it only happens when it rains, and started looking around and found the padding under the floor is SOAKED. I have checked this from all easily accessable parts of the truck on all sides (Driver, Passenger, Front, And Back) Worst part is, it has rubber flooring (Which I hate) so it retains the water even better. I already have to go tear the inside of the truck apart and dry it out today, was wondering if anyone has suggestions on things to look at for leaks, and possible fixes to them.

Thanks
Nick
Nick,

Oh no! I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with water leaking into your vehicle. Please private message if i can be of any assistance.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Old 08-09-2013, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Hi Nick
My only suggestion... and it's basically what the technicians are gonna do.
Unbolt your seat and take it out. Remove your rubber mat and underlay (you need to hang it out to dry anyways.

Remove any passenger side interior plastic around the windows.
Now make yourself comfortable in the truck while you get someone to spray it with a garden hose.
This is the best way to find were your leak originates from.

Let us know how you do.

Old 08-10-2013, 04:07 PM
TruckForum Addict

Honestly, if your truck showed up at my stall at work, what in2trux said is exactly what I would do. Get the rubber and underlay out and spray the heck out of the truck and see where it leaks.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:28 AM

Seen leaks at third brake light. Gasket of brake light housing to body.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:21 AM

If it is mainly on the right, I'd check the a/c condensation drain hose. I've seen those get blocked and dump water inside. On rainy days the humidity is higher, so it pulls a lot of water out of the air.

Old 03-27-2016, 04:54 PM
Beginner

I bought a brand new 2008 gmc sierra 2500 that had the same issue. Brought it back to the dealer several times, no luck. Finally 8 years later I was wiring new exterior cab lights and had to pull the headliner down. In the process I noticed the tube which was supposed to drain water away from my sun roof was disconnected! This clearly happened at the factory! Once I reconnected it the water problem stopped. 8 years of a soaking wet drivers side floor! If you have a sun roof you might want to check it. Mine has been dry ever since.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:09 AM

My bet is that tail light gasket or a window. I had a leak in the trunk of my Grand Marquis that turned out to be the back window.

Old 04-28-2016, 10:47 PM
Beginner

Try the rear brake light on the back of the cab for the bed