Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

well guys and gals i have decided to do a frame off restoration

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 09:30 PM
TruckForum Addict
Smile well guys and gals i have decided to do a frame off restoration

i am goin to start the process hopefully next week after i get my frame tuesday if the guy comes thru for me
i am also going to box the frame and undercoat it with bedliner so that it wont rust like my old frame
i made this decision after going thru all of the reciepts from the previous owner as everything on the truck has eather been rebuilt replaced or fixed
it is a very good strong running 4x4 truck i baught this truck about 3 months ago.
the back half of my truck frame was cut by the previous owner as if they tryed getting the bumper hitch off
fyi if your ever in des moines iowa and on the east side dont buy anything from them as they buy junk and flip them thats what happened to me
so im goin to rebuild the truck i have all the sheetmetal to fix my cab corners the truck is mechanically sound so hope this process doesnt go to teriably wrong i no that i will bust and break bolts as my truck is old and rusty but im gonna get new bolts all the way around also im takin the damn bump stops of the prior owner put on so i can flex more on the trail.
so tell me what you think i have pictures of my truck in my albums most of them are before pics maybe a couple after pics not sure i havent had time to take that much lately

Old 05-10-2011, 11:27 PM
TruckForum Addict

well my hopes for a frame off just got crushed
the guy i was buying the frame from never came through for me he lived about 2 hours away and after several several calls and emails he changed his mind on what time and day he would deliver the frame for me so i gave up hope on it for now but not gonna give up im tacking down parts like crazy found a bunch of trucks for the same year frame as mine but they want to much for rusted out junk
but i am know talking to a guy 20 minutes away about buying one i have baught parts from him so i think it will happen