Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Wet kit vs Dry shot? NOS

Old 02-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Default Wet kit vs Dry shot? NOS

allright.. whats the diff between a wet kit and a dry one? whats the highest shot i can run with no problems? also.. does anyone know whatdoes "LQ9 pistons" are, andwhatkind do i have in my truck?
thanks!

Old 02-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Default RE: Wet kit vs Dry shot? NOS

wet u make a tee fitting so nitrous and fuel are added evenly. DRy is just nitrous. I strongly reccomend wet and another strong suggestion is get a NX kit run a50 shot see how it works then go from there. with the NX kits 50 shot = 50 more hp to the WHEELS!

Old 02-05-2008, 03:02 PM

thanks bud! ive been reading in ls1truck.com.. that they are running even 4.8L's with 150hp wet kits! completly internal stock, with a couple of bolt-ons and tuned..
"With stock internals, injectors, and fuel pump I'd suggest a wet kit. No sense in stressting your stock fuel system with a big dry shot.

That said, 125 is safe and can be ran many times on a stock 4.8, 5.3, and 6.0. Since the LQ9 pistons are coated and the rods are beefier, a 150 shot can be used all day on the LQ9.

You should atleast change your plugs to TR6s though." [/align][/align][/align]thats why i asked what does LQ9 pistons are, and what kind does my truck have... and also wanted to know you guys opinion...[/align]

Old 02-05-2008, 04:38 PM

ORIGINAL: felix arrizon

allright.. whats the diff between a wet kit and a dry one? whats the highest shot i can run with no problems? also.. does anyone know whatdoes "LQ9 pistons" are, andwhatkind do i have in my truck?
thanks!

anyone?

Old 02-05-2008, 04:53 PM

As a former performance mechanic that worked on LS1 engines i would seriously suggest going with a wet kit. We have pushed wet kits well over 300 with proper engine mods. If you dont want to dive too much into the engine i would say stay with a 125 wet kit, NX is probally the best one to go with. My former shop Cartek (www.cartek.net) is well versed with these types of mods, you can send them your comp, they can probally tune it through the mail, and set you up with the best cam to help. Also they will probally suggest a MSD boost-a-pump, this will help with your fuel. What it is is a inline amplifier which will send more current to the stock fuel pump and deliver more fuel to your system making sure you do not go lean. To change your cam is no big deal, you can actually do this with your heads on, remove the rocker arms along with push rods, take the timming chain off,(by the way good time to update to a double roller, they will tell you that aswel) rotate the cam several times to ensure all lifters are up, carefully remove the old cam and install new with LOTS of oil! If you call Cartek and speak with Dave im sure he will help with any purchasing needs and guide you in the proper direction!

Cartek
908-317-4496

Old 02-05-2008, 05:49 PM

I thought a dry shot was thew youre CIA???

Old 02-05-2008, 06:36 PM

your what?

Old 02-05-2008, 06:50 PM

Cold air intake

Old 02-05-2008, 06:58 PM

yes it is... i dont understand your question though, even if you use a dry system you need extra fuel, if u dont add extra fuel one way or another, weather it be though your injectors or using a wet system, you will burn a hole in ur piston, and that will be the least of your problems

Old 02-05-2008, 07:17 PM

Ive got a 50 shot in my RX7 but Im not going to do that to my truck. I want to supercharge it heads,cams, pistons, and gears.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wet kit vs Dry shot? NOS