Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Wet kit vs Dry shot? NOS

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Default RE: Wet kit vs Dry shot? NOS

when i get the cash up i wanna put the STS turbo kit on my truck

Old 02-05-2008, 07:42 PM

Thanks 05GMCK15! ill try to get a hold of cartek.. do you know their email address? so, what your saying, is that i need a 125 NX wet shot, an MSD boost-a-pump, and..? what else?
thanks!

Old 02-05-2008, 09:49 PM

If you go to the cartek website, www.cartek.net, they should have a e-mail addres up. im not saying you need the boost-a-pump, or a cam, or tuning. I just know for a fact that if you do add all these extras not only will you be much happier with your n2o, but your engine will be able handle it alot better, lets not forget the rules, the more u push it, the faster it breaks. Then again im not saying that if you put all these extras you will never have a problem, we all know we do these performance upgrades at our own risk. There are many kits out as far as your n2o goes. Which kit that is proper for you is all depending on your attention to detail and your mechanic ablity.

My biggest suggestion is talk to Dave at cartek, if it was my vehical, i would get a updated cam that is proper for n2o, boost-a-pump, a tune, and possible a bigger throttle body. Remember what you are doing to your engine, Nitrous is a oxidiser, meaning the burning inside your combustion chamber is much hotter, just remember that.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:39 PM

I think you got to worry about your pistons long before youre cams if you want to talk to so people about nos. on our truck youll find the most experience at ls1truck.com. Sign up and do a search im sure youll find what youre looking for

Old 02-05-2008, 10:52 PM

im not saying he has to worry about his cam, im saying if ur gonna add nitrous, why not put the right cam in to make sure you get the best bang for your buck!

fyi, ive helped build some of the FASTEST corvettes in the world. Im sure your not insulting me, but i can assure you i know my sh*t!

Old 02-05-2008, 11:07 PM

As the old saying goes, "Wetter is Better"

Old 02-06-2008, 08:04 PM

N2O just scares the **** out ofme as far as ruining an engine, as most Ihave seen did not last long. They were probably hack jobs though, so maybe my fear is not legitamate. Maybe I need to look at that route myself. I just don't have enough info yet.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:56 PM

hey smoke, im in the same side as you are... N20 just scares the **** out of me, plus my truck only have 30k miles, so is almost new.. BUT im looking for a SAFE SYSTEM, and i've been doing lots of searching, and this is the most interesting option that i have.. this is what the guy told me to get as a SAFETY SYSTEM..

"Felix,
With you wanting a Safe system there is only one system that comes to mind….our plate system. The plate will net you better atomization and more even distribution over any single/ Dual nozzle system and even the MAFF system. If you were looking at a total package with all the safety accessories then I would suggest "

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog/product_details.asp?group=33&model=135&dep t=11&product_id=2798

take a look and let me know what all you guys think about it.. i think is a nice way to make 150hp to the rear wheels..

Old 02-06-2008, 11:10 PM

only thing i dont like about that system is the builtin tps sensor, WOT switch is good, and depeneding on how much of a shot you might wanna run a diff plug, the tr6's are good, ill ask my buddy from my old shop but i think for n2o you should run a tr55, done quote me on that.. yet!

Old 02-06-2008, 11:12 PM

yes a cam would help release all that heat that nitrous is creating but its not hell on the cam its hell on the pistons and rings. you see all this engine damage because of improper use. or an overshot and itll fry your piston rings like that. any engine that you plan to put nos into you may as well tear down and put HO parts in through and through nitrous isnt something you wanna just add into a stock system the motor has to be built up for it.

Quick Reply: Wet kit vs Dry shot? NOS