Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what truck to get? MPG.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 12:05 AM
Default what truck to get? MPG.

I'm 16 and half, finally learning to drive. I have plently of money saved up for a car(at elast for what i'd be willing to pay anyways) i've been saving most of the money iget from work. I'll probablly be doing a lot of roadtrips in the truck so i want one thats comfertable, and a decent MPG for a truck.front seats having lots of room would be really nice, back seats arn't even needed, but would be nice, if not jsut for extra storage space. a longbed would also be nice to carry and move stuff easier, but not nessarary.

I'm not into cars that much so i dont know a lot about them besides the basics to how a car runs.I wouldn't be able to tell you what most of the parts did or what they were for, so bear with me for anything. I'm a computer guy, not a car guy :P

I'd much rather go for used then new to save money, I have no idea any models or what to really look for, i was hoping you ugys could help me pick out a few i might like. Thanks:]

[and BTW, this website is incompatible with firefox. You can't type anything in the body for a new topic in firefox. I had to use IE to make this post. Which is odd because this site says its running 2.4.5 and the asp playground site says 2.4.5's WYSIWYG editor is compatible with both IE and firefox. unless an uprgade was messed up?]

edit: also i dont need a big huge lifted truck, i'd rather have a low smaller truck that gets better MPG. although i would still like it to be comfertable with 2 people in the truck for a roadtrip...

Old 05-10-2007, 10:59 AM
TruckForum Addict
Default RE: what truck to get? MPG.

I would say a chevy s-10 or and chevy silverado. Or gmc. Same thing. Thats just me. The s-10 would not be as comfertable as the silverado but they would get a little better gas milage. If it was me and you did not need 4x4 i would get a 2000 or newer chevy silverado 2 wheel drive ext cab short or long bed and you could get aleast 20 mpg if not a little more. And you would have pleaty of room. I drive my truck over my wifes car on trips just for the room i dont mind paying a little more in gas if im on a trip. Even though my wifes car gets 28 mpg and my truck gets 18. I also would say the silverado to me i feel safer then in a smaller truck or car. So i would just go test drive the differnt makes and models and see what best fits you. Plus its always fun to drive alot of differnet cars that is if you can stand the salesmanHope this helps and let us know what you end up with. Thanks

Old 05-10-2007, 11:01 AM
TruckForum Addict
Default RE: what truck to get? MPG.

Also sorry that is on stock motors for the gas milage so if you do exhaust cold air intake and other upgrades you can pull more then 20 mpg out of a 2 wheel drive silverado. Also get the 5.3liter motor.